PDA

View Full Version : Pots

squeezebox
01-03-2016, 13:42
So what type and size pot do you use?

Feral Bill
01-03-2016, 13:46
i use old aluminum pots with fry pan lids. The nesting set has 1,2,and 3 liter sizes. I pick which to take based on the trip. Bulldog brand, made in England, occasionally available used on EBay. They work well every time.

Tuckahoe
01-03-2016, 13:50
12cm Imusa pot

Kaptainkriz
01-03-2016, 14:08
I like the Olicamp XTS: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007OJKI2U?redirect=true&ref_=s9_simh_gw_g468_i1_r

Cotton Terry
01-03-2016, 14:11
.85 Liter MSR Titan Kettle

OCDave
01-03-2016, 14:24
12cm Imusa pot

Considering these can be purchased for less than $5 ( I paid $3.50 for mine), this is far and away my favorite. The only negative is the handle could be better.

Bronk
01-03-2016, 14:51
Mine is similar to this one: http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/cookware/simple-cooking/alpine-2-pot-set/product

I like it because the lid doubles as a frying pan...great for grilled sandwiches.

clwenburg
01-03-2016, 14:57
I personally just use the Jetboil, but my good friend has nothing but good things to say about the GSI Outdoors 1.1L Boiler Pot.

Weather-man
01-03-2016, 15:01
So what type and size pot do you use?

What type of cooking do you do while hiking? I'm pretty much either a cold meal guy or freezer bag so all I usually ever need is to boil water. Lately I've been messing around with this: http://www.vargooutdoors.com/titanium-bot-bottle-pot.html

It's sort of interesting in that it can serve as a water bottle, hot water bottle and pot.

4eyedbuzzard
01-03-2016, 15:23
If take the Jetboil Sol Ti I use that. Contrary to all the warnings, I cook noodles and rice in it as well at low heat. Fuel valve is a bit finicky to maintain a low flame, but I keep a close eye on it and haven't had an issue.
If I take an alky stove (usually a Starlyte) I use a Stanco grease pot.

Moosling
01-03-2016, 15:48
I've been using this Chinese Set for about 2 years works well, just make sure the handles are out while you are cooking or the runner coating will melt off but that still wouldn't be a deal breaker, top pot/ my coffee cup fits on top of the larger pot like a loose fitting lid, large pot holds around 1L I though it was a great deal just had to wait a month for it to get here from China.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FQZEYWE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1451849995&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=backpacking+cookset&dpPl=1&dpID=41qlSLPCcZL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuckahoe
01-03-2016, 16:06
What type of cooking do you do while hiking? I'm pretty much either a cold meal guy or freezer bag so all I usually ever need is to boil water. Lately I've been messing around with this: http://www.vargooutdoors.com/titanium-bot-bottle-pot.html

It's sort of interesting in that it can serve as a water bottle, hot water bottle and pot.

Maybe it's because I use an Imusa pot and recycle soda bottles as water bottle, but I honestly do not get the Vargo pot/water bottle, especially at $100+.

(Yes I can see the benefit for melting snow or being able to rehydrate some food items right in the pot through the day. But still not at $100)

Vegan Packer
01-03-2016, 16:07
I started with MSR, but then I switched to Toaks Titanium. Light and inexpensive. Wears well. I originally had the 850ml, but I dropped that to the 550, since I only need it for freezer bag cooking.

Odd Man Out
01-03-2016, 17:28
I like the Olicamp XTS: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007OJKI2U?redirect=true&ref_=s9_simh_gw_g468_i1_r

Me too. .....

ChrisJackson
01-03-2016, 18:30
Anyone try/like the S2S X-pot? They seem a little heavy and large (I'm used to just a 16 oz pot) but I really, really like how they are collapsible.

These guys: http://www.seatosummit.com/product/?item=X-Pot&o1=0&o2=0&o3=100-22

There may be a whole thread on them here somewhere...I have not looked.

Akela
01-03-2016, 19:33
Anyone try/like the S2S X-pot? They seem a little heavy and large (I'm used to just a 16 oz pot) but I really, really like how they are collapsible.

These guys: http://www.seatosummit.com/product/?item=X-Pot&o1=0&o2=0&o3=100-22

There may be a whole thread on them here somewhere...I have not looked.

I'm interested in this answer as well.

jimmyjam
01-03-2016, 19:37
titan kettle. works well with a super cat or pocket rocket.

MuddyWaters
01-03-2016, 20:01
For solo, I use a Zelph flat bottom foster pot most of the time
for two persons, evernew 1.3L

fastfoxengineering
01-03-2016, 23:18
1.3L evernew all year round with a wood burning stove

Turk6177
01-03-2016, 23:34
I have used a GSI soloist and liked it. I recently went to a snow peak titanium solo pot (700 ml). It worked fine for me as I really only use my pots to boil water. On the couple occasions I ate out of the pot, it was filled to the rim, but had enough volume for my needs.

LAZ
01-04-2016, 01:34
I'm planning a "stove optional" hike - not bringing anything I can't eat cold, but thinking about a really light stove, maybe to burn esbit for the option to have hot water on occasion. Or to have a pot to use if there is already a fire. And I've been looking for something that has a screw top so I can use the same container as a cold-water dehydrater.
But this is too pricey for my budget. Has anyone seen a lightweight pot with a screwtop lid that isn't so expensive? Maybe in aluminum?

fastfoxengineering
01-04-2016, 02:24
I'm planning a "stove optional" hike - not bringing anything I can't eat cold, but thinking about a really light stove, maybe to burn esbit for the option to have hot water on occasion. Or to have a pot to use if there is already a fire. And I've been looking for something that has a screw top so I can use the same container as a cold-water dehydrater.
But this is too pricey for my budget. Has anyone seen a lightweight pot with a screwtop lid that isn't so expensive? Maybe in aluminum?

Do you mean a cold water rehydrator lol? If so, I think your referring to what many of us call "soaking". I'm that event, even with some reports of a small amount of leakage around the threads (remedied with a proper 20cent o-ring).. Its hard to beat the 2cup or 4cup screw top zip lock containers. There extremely light and multi use. Make a reflective pot cozy and you have a great option for hot foods. Also, because most of your foods dont require hot water. I'm sure you could find a sub 3oz pot and esbit burner that fits inside the zip lock. At least the 4 cup. If you don't like DIY, anti gravity gear has premanufactured cozy zip lock containers for a fair price. And trail designs gramcrack esbit stove is really really light. Add a titanium or aluminum windscreen/pot support and an ultra light cookpot. You could have a pretty slick setup for at or under 6ozs... If that's over the top. I'd still bring a 500-600ml ti pot and zip lock container in your case. More flexible having two vessels. Maybe you want a hot drink and your meal at some point. Having the needs to fulfill that simple luxury goes alot further for your hike than cutting two ounces from your pack.

LAZ
01-04-2016, 05:42
Do you mean a cold water rehydrator lol? If so, I think your referring to what many of us call "soaking". I'm that event, even with some reports of a small amount of leakage around the threads (remedied with a proper 20cent o-ring).. Its hard to beat the 2cup or 4cup screw top zip lock containers. There extremely light and multi use. Make a reflective pot cozy and you have a great option for hot foods. Also, because most of your foods dont require hot water. I'm sure you could find a sub 3oz pot and esbit burner that fits inside the zip lock. At least the 4 cup. If you don't like DIY, anti gravity gear has premanufactured cozy zip lock containers for a fair price. And trail designs gramcrack esbit stove is really really light. Add a titanium or aluminum windscreen/pot support and an ultra light cookpot. You could have a pretty slick setup for at or under 6ozs... If that's over the top. I'd still bring a 500-600ml ti pot and zip lock container in your case. More flexible having two vessels. Maybe you want a hot drink and your meal at some point. Having the needs to fulfill that simple luxury goes alot further for your hike than cutting two ounces from your pack.
Lol - yes, I meant rehydrater. Well, I managed to communicate even if my English ain't so good.
I get what you're saying - the effort to make every item do double duty isn't always worth it.I hadn't been thinking about stoves. For whatever reason, I generally like my food and drink cold. I make coffee at night and put it in the refrigerator so it'll be iced in the morning. Even in the winter.The same with food - I'll cook and not even eat it until it's cold the next day. But every now and then I have a cold wet tiring day when something hot is just the thing. It was on another thread where someone was talking about having a stove without having to use it daily, that got me thinking about the option. Thanks for throwing out the possibilities. DIY is good, in my book. And if I need that six ounce cooking system to warm my insides on a hard day it is definitely worth it. I wasn't going stoveless to save weight, just to save fuss over something I didn't think I cared about, but I'm more and more liking the idea that it's not all or nothing.

kickatree
01-04-2016, 15:51
900 ml titanium cup and a food grade plastic stove kit container for my bowl.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

swjohnsey
01-04-2016, 19:00
Better a little too big than a little too small. I like the titanium 1.3 l.

bikebum1975
01-06-2016, 14:28
Depends. I have a bunch of different kits stoves and cook sets. One of my favorites is the old USGI stainless canteen cup. I have a pair of them one to cook and eat out of other for my coffee. My favorite one pot option is my 1.8 liter mors pot. A favorite kit is the Swedish army mess kit. Eh might be a tiny bit bulky but good kit. What can I say I'm a cook set and stove whore lol

QHShowoman
01-06-2016, 14:55
Snowpeak Trek 700 Titanium (700 ml) with a Fourdog lid.

capehiker
01-06-2016, 15:05
I have a bunch of set-ups as well but I really like 2 specific pots at the moment.

1. Toaks 650ml mug - great for boil in bag meals and narrow enough to drink like a mug. The con is there are no graduated markings for measurement. One nice things is the pot lid can be locked into an upright position so you don't burn your fingers when lifting the lid up to peek.

2. Olicamp XTS 1L pot- I LOVE this heat exchanger pot. In fact, I'm sitting at home and eating some Packit Gourmet Shepherds Pie out of this pot as I type. Pros: graduated measurement markings, heats really fast with a canister stove, fuel efficient, can nest a good bit of extras inside. Cons: weight- it's not like this pot is a lead brick, but it does lean to heavier side of things. If weight is your sole criteria, pass this pot on by. However, if you want fuel efficiency, and quick boil times, this pot does not disappoint.

Siestita
01-06-2016, 15:29
When I started backpacking in the early 1970s, inspired by Colin Fletcher's "Complete Walker", I used a an aluminum SIGG cook set, one that was sized to work with my SVEA 123 stove. I now usually burn alcohol instead of white gas, cooking in a one quart Stanco grease pot. I purchased that 'grease pot' at Walmart ten or twelve years ago in response to excellent advise that I received from posters here.

More recently the cheap IMUSA pots that others have mentioned seem to have replaced "Stanco Grease Pots" as the favorites of people not inclined to spend money a lot of money merely to possess gold plated or titanium alloy equipment. Before titanium cookware (actually alloyed with aluminum) appeared, touted as being "strong and light", were backpacking trips being ruined because comparably light aluminum cookware was failing in the field? That has not been my experience.

bikebum1975
01-06-2016, 15:51
When I started backpacking in the early 1970s, inspired by Colin Fletcher's "Complete Walker", I used a an aluminum SIGG cook set, one that was sized to work with my SVEA 123 stove. I now usually burn alcohol instead of white gas, cooking in a one quart Stanco grease pot. I purchased that 'grease pot' at Walmart ten or twelve years ago in response to excellent advise that I received from posters here.

More recently the cheap IMUSA pots that others have mentioned seem to have replaced "Stanco Grease Pots" as the favorites of people not inclined to spend money a lot of money merely to possess gold plated or titanium alloy equipment. Before titanium cookware (actually alloyed with aluminum) appeared, touted as being "strong and light", were backpacking trips being ruined because comparably light aluminum cookware was failing in the field? That has not been my experience.

I use a lot of aluminum cookware. Most of them hold up just fine I stay away from the thin crap that usually warps easily plus hot spots.
Regarding the svea 123 I have vintage early 70s non R model I recently got love that little stove.

Feral Bill
01-06-2016, 17:51
Regarding the svea 123 I have vintage early 70s non R model I recently got love that little stove.

If you live to a very ripe old age, your Svea will still probably outlive you. Hints: 1. Get a few filler cap gaskets, and change it every few years. 2. Never run it out of fuel, or you'll slowly ruin the wick.

bikebum1975
01-06-2016, 19:04
If you live to a very ripe old age, your Svea will still probably outlive you. Hints: 1. Get a few filler cap gaskets, and change it every few years. 2. Never run it out of fuel, or you'll slowly ruin the wick.
Hey Bill yep figured the old stove would out last me. Yeah need to pick some gaskets up. This one was pretty close to mint condition other than working on the polish. My friend that found it said she fired the first time also had a new wick in it.

squeezebox
01-06-2016, 20:06
So what about the wt of the heat exchanger part? Seems to add a couple of oz. about the same wt as my windscreen. I don't think I'll need a windscreen with a Soto windmaster and a heat exchanger pot??

SWODaddy
01-06-2016, 20:10
Another vote for a pot in the 1.3L size (I have the Evernew). For me, that seems like the perfect size to cook just about anything you want while still having a small and lightweight package. If it's a short hike where I know I'll just be boiling water to rehydrate meals and make coffee, the 640ml pot (or even a GSI minimalist) comes along.

capehiker
01-06-2016, 20:29
So what about the wt of the heat exchanger part? Seems to add a couple of oz. about the same wt as my windscreen. I don't think I'll need a windscreen with a Soto windmaster and a heat exchanger pot??

I use the Olicamp heat exchanger pot with the Soto Windmaster and do not need a wind screen. However, if it is extremely windy, I just use my Z-seat and create a windbreak.

squeezebox
01-06-2016, 20:48
I use the Olicamp heat exchanger pot with the Soto Windmaster and do not need a wind screen. However, if it is extremely windy, I just use my Z-seat and create a windbreak.

Exactly what I was thinking. Downwind from the tent, with the vestibule folded back. And the seatpad.

Pastor Bryon
01-06-2016, 22:36
GSI Minimalist is great for most solo cooking for me. I like the sleeve and being able to keep my coffee hot for awhile.

Also received their 1.1L pot for Christmas to use when I'm hiking with a partner or need a little more cooking capacity.

bikebum1975
01-07-2016, 21:54
Just got it in a trade Coleman max set nice little kit. Even better it fits one of my stoves even fits the emberlit fireant.

macdaddy
01-08-2016, 03:12
Just received this three piece titanium set from Amazon for $50:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MV6WAE0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
Going to use it with a homemade wood stove that nests inside.

Mugthumper
01-10-2016, 04:28
I have a few cook sets for different scenarios depending on trip length and circumstances.
600ml Evernew w/ fancy feast - For Winter solo day hiking when a hot beverage will hit the spot at some point and I am still able to drive home for a hot meal at the end of the day
900ml Evernew w/ fancy feast - My go to pot. This pot can do no wrong.
MSR Titan w/ pocket rocket - For when I want a no fiddle stove with the ability to nest an 8oz canister and I am not being critical of weight

All scenarios are paired up with a GSI Infinity. Coffee is delicious. On the occasional chance I am not chugging it and I find myself enjoying a moment of reflection or whatever, I enjoy my beverage being warm until said moment has passed.

I also have a 1.3L Evernew tucked away in case of a miracle and one day my wife accompanies me into the woods.

cmoulder
01-10-2016, 08:47
For winter, especially when snow must be melted for water, JB MiniMo and lots of extra fuel, or for 2 people switch the MiniMo pot for a Sumo. Three-season is Esbit with my myog Ti pot support and windscreen and an Open Country 3-cup aluminum pot.

linus72
01-11-2016, 13:21
toaks 550 fits my mini pocket rocket, a small 4oz msr fuel canister and a lighter perfectly and boils enough water for my solo MREs. super light and compact kit. when i go with my wife we use the stanley cookset which is aluminum, about $20 and has 2 great cups. not all that much heavier really.

QiWiz
01-12-2016, 16:03
For solo cooking, I like pots that are in the 900-1000 ml range; for two people in the 1300-1500 ml range. The least expensive solo pot I like is the Stanco aluminum grease pot. You can even get one from me if you can't find one locally.

Storyguy
02-07-2016, 18:31
Have you used this kit? I just bought the same item. Interested in your impressions.

Storyguy
02-07-2016, 18:33
Have you used this kit? I just bought it. Interested in your impressions.

Nodust
02-07-2016, 21:39
Ouse a .9 qt Imusa grease pot. It is 10cm diameter and as tall as the 12cm Imusa mug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtsman
02-07-2016, 23:13
I currently enjoy this setup the most for my needs:
https://www.traildesigns.com/cookware/evernew-titanium-non-stick-900ml-pot-set-eca417
The reason I stuck with this is: It is wider than it is taller. this allows my heat source to be wider and the pot will still catch the flames more than the handle. it also allows for less water waste as i can put a little less water for things that are wider/taller and let the food I am cooking "cook down" into the water level i choose.
Things that I would like to see improvement on: I don't like the non-stick layer. I wish they had an option without it, although its holding up okay after about 4 months of actual camping days on it. Although the stamping of the measurements are on the outside, it stamps through to the inside, depending on what I cook, the reverse numbers can be difficult to clean off on the inside.

I have used:
http://toaksoutdoor.com/titanium750mlpot.aspx
This was the worst setup for me. I used it twice for about 4 days each trip and couldn't stand it. The pan wouldn't set on top of the pan while cooking, I had to force the pan (read lid) to squish onto the pot while cooking every time (even while hot). When the "lid" was on it would drip water and contents outside of the pot and hit the heat source/fire/whatever else was around (read lots of clean up). The handles were cheap and hard to hold / work with. The TI was WAY too thin and I felt I was going to break it, warp it, or some how destroy it.

http://snowpeak.com/products/trek-900-aluminum-cookset?variant=671149565
I enjoyed this the most and it almost made my final cut. the only things I didn't like was the handles on the pot would get too hot and I had to carry heat resistant gloves or pliers to make sure I could handle it. Since it was aluminum i had to wait much longer to sip it so my lips wouldn't burn off from the top of the pot, I did look into getting the "lips" (plastic piece you can put on to counter this) but decided against it. I used this for over a year of camping and enjoyed it the most out of the pots I don't use any more.

http://www.amazon.com/TOAKS-CUP-450-Titanium-450ml-Cup/dp/B008NOYQ6E
This was great for hot drinks or FBCing. Once I moved away from FBCing I eventually ditched this method as there was no room for in-pot cooking and it wasn't worth the weight for hot drinks when I can just use my pot or pan.

YMMV HYOH

Casey & Gina
02-09-2016, 13:09
Wow Mtsman, sorry to hear you had bad luck with Toaks - I have had anything but and really enjoy their products. That said, I have resold a few items of theirs that weren't as optimal as the ones I now carry. The design of the pan lid is such that it will drip a little condensed water down the outside of the pot, but I never found it to be enough to be a problem, and if you flip the pan over and rest it on the other way around, this problem goes away. I find all of the Toaks products to be nicely durable, and even after a fair bit of use, nothing has warped or bent. To your point about wider and shorter pots being more efficient, I totally agree - good Toaks options to that end are the 130mm diameter 900ml pot and 145mm diameter 1350ml pots, though I don't use them as I wanted pots that nest around my wood stove.

Here's what I carry now, for my wife and I:

* Toaks 1600ml pot w/ bail (145mm diameter)
* Toaks D145 pan/lid (145mm diameter)
* Toaks 1100ml pot w/ standard lid (115mm diameter)
* Toaks Wood Stove
* Toaks 450ml cut w/ lid (80mm diameter)
* Toaks Siphon Alcohol Stove

The above all nests together, along with a Sea-to-Summit Ultra-Sil Kitchen Sink, Scouring pad, small camp towel, cross bars for the wood stove (which I also use when using the top of the wood stove as a pot stand/windscreen for the alcohol stove), a full-size Bic lighter in a waterproof Exotac fireSLEEVE. The setup includes stuff sacks for the cup, wood stove, 1100ml pot, and 1600ml pot. It's quite a bit of kitchen kit, but weighs in at 2 pounds for everything. We like to cook up real meals especially after a fresh resupply, not just boil water.

The 145mm diameter on the largest pot is great because regardless of what you are cooking on, the heat spreads out and more is captured on the bottom of the pot. When I backpack with my wife, I find myself using this pot primarily, and then only using the 1100ml for a second course or heating up water for tea. The cup is rarely used directly on the stove, though sometimes I do that to make a single cup of tea. More often I heat up about 800ml of water in the 1100ml pot, then pour half of it into the cup and make two cups of tea (one of us uses the pot as a teacup, haha), again to take advantage of the larger diameter to heat up the water faster. Of course, we are usually eating something made in the 1600ml pot while the tea water is heating. The only thing I have not had a use for yet is the bail handle, but I am happy to have one pot with this option as I am sure that at some point it will see use over a campfire, and will remove the standard handles when doing so to prevent them from unnecessary flame exposure (and to keep them cool to use after taking the pot off the fire). The bail is also easily removed when not needed.

The D145 pan is a useful size, and fits well onto the 1600ml pot. I formerly had a D115 pan/lid for the 1100ml pot, and did not like it. It fit okay but not as well as the regular lid, and the 115mm diameter pan was frankly too small for me to find useful. I had also purchased a 650ml pot with a 95mm diameter, but this would not nest inside the wood stove. The 450ml cup is definitely an unnecessary luxury but it gets regular use when we take it along.

I also have 3 different types of tent pegs from Toaks, and two spoons. Very happy with everything they make.

Wood stove with 1100ml pot:
33604 33605

Top of wood stove used as pot stand in conjunction with alcohol stove, again with 1100ml pot on it, 1600ml pot, D145 pan, and 450ml cup also in picture:

Casey & Gina
02-09-2016, 13:17

It's not cheap, but otherwise fits your bill and is nice (I have two, 4.7oz):
http://www.vargooutdoors.com/titanium-bot-bottle-pot.html

A cheaper but heavier option is made in stainless steel (8.4oz):
http://www.vargooutdoors.com/stainless-steel-bot-bottle-pot.html

Both come up on Massdrop at a discount from time to time, which is where I got mine.

I really like keeping smelly foods in them, as it completely seals away the smell. Also nice to have as emergency water containers or for occasional cooking needs if my other cookware is in use or something. If we want to go light, we can leave our other cookware at home and just take the Vargo BOTs.

colorado_rob
02-09-2016, 14:14
Just another system, I've been using it for 4 years now exclusively: My Titanium pot is 0.9 liters, we find it just enough (3.3 cups) for two of us for either a hot beverage or two hot dehydrated meals, so it's perfect for us two. Since it's really light and part of my Jetboil Sol Ti setup, I also carry it for solo use.

8.9 ounces for a very fuel efficient stove and pot total. Only used to heat water, nothing else.

nsherry61
02-09-2016, 15:16
I'm interested in this answer as well.
I haven't used any of the S2S X-ware. I have used silicone baking ware and been surprised at how well it worked.
I have played with the S2S x-ware pots and kettle. I agree they are larger than most soloists would typically be carrying.
But, for a kettle that holds 1.3L, the X-Kettle at 6.5 oz is about the same weight as a similar sized titanium pot.

On the down side, the x-ware will wear out whereas titanium doesn't really. Also you cannot use the x-ware in a fire where open flame may contact the sides.

I might just buy a kettle for this coming season, just for fun and compactness.

Vegan Packer
02-09-2016, 16:08
Wow Mtsman, sorry to hear you had bad luck with Toaks - I have had anything but and really enjoy their products. I am surprised, too. I did a lot of research before buying my Toaks gear, and the reviews all looked good. I have had zero issues in the field. I love my polished bowl long handle spoon, and my pot still looks like the day I got it, except for some wear of the Toaks emblem.

Mtsman
02-12-2016, 11:01
Wow Mtsman, sorry to hear you had bad luck with Toaks

I am surprised, too. I did a lot of research before buying my Toaks gear, and the reviews all looked good. I have had zero issues in the field. I love my polished bowl long handle spoon, and my pot still looks like the day I got it, except for some wear of the Toaks emblem.

I guess that is why HYOH matters the most. What works for some may not work for others. I wanted to like the toaks for me. I too did a butt load of research and toaks always hit the top 5 in some way or another. That is what enticed me to buy them in the first place. I didnt mind the cup at all but found it was too "heavy" to justify for a cup of joe when I could sip out of the pan portion of my evernew. I am glad that the toaks is working out for you guys. You definitely are not alone as it is a fairly popular brand. Thanks for showing the "other side" of the toaks brand so that people get both sides of the story.

Enjoy and maybe, just maybe, we will see each other on the trail someday!

HYOH YMMV

Casey & Gina
02-12-2016, 11:11
Enjoy and maybe, just maybe, we will see each other on the trail someday!

I look forward to the friendly meeting, where we cheerfully bash each other on the head with great gusto and repetition using our cookware, in order to help try to show the other party that his cookware is indeed the better one with great humility! Afterwards we will proceed to compare sporks...actually that may be a problem as I only have a spoon...

Haha just kidding of course, there is no such thing as the "one best thing for everyone" after all and it is great as the backpacking market is full of a lot of good options these days.

Mtsman
02-12-2016, 22:26
I look forward to the friendly meeting, where we cheerfully bash each other on the head with great gusto and repetition using our cookware, in order to help try to show the other party that his cookware is indeed the better one with great humility! Afterwards we will proceed to compare sporks...actually that may be a problem as I only have a spoon...

Haha just kidding of course, there is no such thing as the "one best thing for everyone" after all and it is great as the backpacking market is full of a lot of good options these days.

I started crying I was laughing so hard. My Co-Workers already think I am crazy, thanks for proving them right ;) I will be hitting the trail roughly the 18th of this month (the 15th is my last day here at work). I am ready to go!

bikebum1975
02-13-2016, 21:49

haha needed a good chuckle

TS-WNY
02-17-2016, 12:11
I like my Jetfoil Zip just for the convenience factor. I really only do freeze dried meals, so it's simple. I am considering switching up my cooking system and going with something smaller, so I see a lightweight titanium pot in my future.