PDA

View Full Version : Damascus To Harper's Ferry.

FooFooCuddlyPoops
01-09-2016, 02:39
Hey everyone,

I am planning a section hike starting from the beginning of VA on to harpers ferry where I will be picked up by my family. I live more towards DC, so Damascus is a nice little trek.

Date: May 1-July (end date loose)
Pace: 5-10m a day at first. Speed up as we get use to trail life. I am a steady pace person. Usually the leader of the pack.

Anyone want to join me? If you are near DC, we can rent a car together and drive up.

May or May not be bringing a dog.

Diamondlil
01-09-2016, 19:51
I'm doing the same hike, though I'm starting June 1. Same pace, just got my trail guide from ATC and planning my overnights and resupplies. My Hubby will be dropping me at Damascus. Can't leave in May, other commitments, would you consider pushing it to June 1 departure? I'm in Va. Beach, could ride together from here? The AmTrac runs from Dc-Norfolk.

[emoji851]

FooFooCuddlyPoops
01-09-2016, 20:58
I'll consider it, but I have college in August. I really didn't want to spend the entire summer on the trail and than have to hussle into fall classes.

Coffee
01-09-2016, 21:00
I think that you will be hiking in the midst of the thru hiker bubble, although perhaps at a slower pace than people who have been on trail for 500+ miles already. Still, company is likely to be readily available imo.

Diamondlil
01-09-2016, 23:16
Coffee,

That's the consensus on WB and with other LD's I have spoken with.

[emoji851]