PDA

View Full Version : ZPacks Rain Gear Any Opinions?

NewHeart
01-09-2016, 17:54
Looking for rain gear for my upcoming AT hike. Any opinion on ZPack? Are the worth the money? Do they hold up?

soumodeler
01-09-2016, 19:03
I have two of the new Challenger jackets. Material is nice, construction is great. Can't say as to holding up for an entire thru but if you treat it with care I don't see why it wouldn't. I would buy one again if that tells you anything.

NewHeart
01-09-2016, 19:06
I have two of the new Challenger jackets. Material is nice, construction is great. Can't say as to holding up for an entire thru but if you treat it with care I don't see why it wouldn't. I would buy one again if that tells you anything.
Thanks for that.

MuddyWaters
01-09-2016, 19:41
Im as happy with it as Ive ever been with anything.
Pit zips rock
Its a hiker fit, and really good hood design

NewHeart
01-09-2016, 22:37
OK I'm Changing the subject, I just ran across a set of rain gear made by RedLedge any body heard of them?

virginia jen
01-10-2016, 00:56
If you want to stay dry, stay away from Red Ledge.

Ercoupe
01-10-2016, 07:15
I have a RL thunderlight jacket, loved the pockets and the hood features , but it delaminated after two years. Just a windbreaker now.

I carry a extra large trash bag, elastic duct taped to waist, skirt. Great ventalation and cheap. more durable than you would think.

daddytwosticks
01-10-2016, 07:35
Had an old Red Ledge rain jacket when I got back into hiking over 12 years ago. Low end product IMHO. I've been using a Packa lately and love it. :)

mtntopper
01-10-2016, 17:46
Looking for rain gear for my upcoming AT hike. Any opinion on ZPack? Are the worth the money? Do they hold up?

you tube Red Beard. He made a lot of videos on Z Pack equipment including rain gear.

QiWiz
01-12-2016, 16:08
The XL runs a bit small for me (so I returned the jacket unused), and they have no XXL. I know some of the first models did not wear well in the packstrap area, but Joe may have fixed that problem.

Fireplug
01-14-2016, 14:03
[QUOTE=mtntopper;2031684]you tube Red Beard. He made a lot of videos on Z Pack equipment including rain gear.[/QUOTE

zpacks stuff is great. Lots of my gear is from them. However it's all custom made so turn around time might be an issue. Yes REDBEARD YouTube him. Great guy. He works for Zpacks now