PDA

View Full Version : Alander Mountain Cabin Conditions

Chagy7
01-09-2016, 22:37
Thinking about going here next weekend but most of my research makes the cabin seem pretty run down but I haven't seen anything recent about it. Has anyone been there in the past few month to a year and in what condition is the cabin in?

Traveler
01-10-2016, 06:21
Thinking about going here next weekend but most of my research makes the cabin seem pretty run down but I haven't seen anything recent about it. Has anyone been there in the past few month to a year and in what condition is the cabin in?

That cabin has looked run down since I first saw it decades ago, but every time I see it, something has been done to keep it up. Last I knew it was first come/serve, but you can call the MA DEP ranger station on Mt. Washington Road to find out if its available (413 528 0330).

Slack-jawed Trog
01-13-2016, 21:40
Alander is a great mid-winter trip. Some friends and I are planning a weekend there towards the end of the month or in early February, an almost annual event. We try to do what we can to maintain the cabin when we make the trip, so if you go, post a report, and note any "deficiencies" or repairs.