PDA

View Full Version : Lowa Boot customer service

RangerZ
01-14-2016, 22:01
Iím not starting another boots vs trail runner thread.
I wore down the heels on my Lowa Renegade boots pretty bad. I called Lowa customer service to see aboutrepair/replacement. They told me it wasfair wear and tear, as I expected, but then they offered a code for 40% off anew pair of boots.
The pictures are old boots with 1110 miles and new boots with 0miles.

Iím not starting another boots/trail runner thread, but I do like my Lowa Renegade boots, they work for me.

Slo-go'en
01-14-2016, 23:08
For me, those were the most expensive and the worse boots I have ever owned. They leaked like a sieve until I seam sealed the stitching (so much for being Gortex), The sole on one shoe started delaminating at the ball of the foot area with in a few days on the trail (but thankfully didn't get any worse) but what really got me was a sharp corner at the end of the tongue which drilled a hole into the top of my foot just south of my big toe with every step. I suffered that way all the way to Damascus from Springer.

RangerZ
01-15-2016, 13:06
I’m not starting another boots vs trail runner thread.
I wore down the heels on my Lowa Renegade boots pretty bad. I called Lowa customer service to see aboutrepair/replacement.They told me it wasfair wear and tear, as I expected, but then they offered a code for 40% off anew pair of boots.
The pictures are old boots with 1110 miles and new boots with 0miles.

I’m not starting another boots/trail runner thread, but I do like my Lowa Renegade boots, they work for me.

I meant to add that the customer service on the phone/email was prompt, etc, the 40% off offer was for two pairs, and that order to delivery time was only three days. No complaints at all about Lowa customer service, or the boots, I'm wearing them at work right now to start wearing them in.

Slo, sorry that you didn't like them.

RangerZ
01-15-2016, 13:33
I meant to add that the customer service on the phone/email was prompt, etc, the 40% off offer was for two pairs, and that order to delivery time was only three days. No complaints at all about Lowa customer service, or the boots, I'm wearing them at work right now to start wearing them in.

Slo, sorry that you didn't like them.

Oh, and I blame the rocks of PA with the wear, particularly the Tuscarora Trail but also every other trail that I've been on. :banana

Venchka
01-15-2016, 15:39
Dave Page, Cobbler might be able to resole the old pair. If you wore them down too much, send the next pair for resoling sooner.
http://www.davepagecobbler.com/

I wish Lowa still made, or imported, the non-Gore Tex, leather lined Renegades.

Wayne

Rangefinder
01-15-2016, 16:43
I kinda miss my Lowa boots as they were my first real pair of hikers and were very comfortable. Glad the customer service was good!

Slo-go'en
01-15-2016, 16:57
I might have just gotten a defective pair, but that was enough to sour me on the brand.

Diamondlil
01-15-2016, 19:05
I LOVE, LOVE LOVE!!! My Lowa Renagade boots!! I've been wearing them almost every day, since August 2015. I've never had anything on my feet that have felt so good! I have many broken toes, and corns and clauses, I'm a klutz, ok. I have always had a hard time finding ANY shoe that was comfortable after wearing for 20 minutes. These are the best. By the time I hit the AT in June I'm sure I'll need another pair. Thanks for the info about their customer service.

[emoji851]