PDA

View Full Version : Redington Site take off list of potential missle defense site

peakbagger
01-15-2016, 22:09
https://bangordailynews.com/2016/01/15/news/state/pentagon-maine-site-too-expensive-remote-for-missile-defense/

Had the project gone through the Redington site would have been substantially expanded impacting the area significantly.

Old Hillwalker
01-16-2016, 09:01
Glad to hear it.

egilbe
01-16-2016, 09:03
Me too. I cant imagine the trail re-route that would have to be done, or the protected areas that would have been lost.

peakbagger
01-16-2016, 09:55
I am waiting for the bartender in Portland that is trying to stir up the Inchworm" incident to somehow tie the decision into his conspiracy theories.

Traveler
01-17-2016, 08:37
I am waiting for the bartender in Portland that is trying to stir up the Inchworm" incident to somehow tie the decision into his conspiracy theories.

I'm sure the new conspiracy tale will include money transfer from the industrial military complex, dead of night excursions into the land around the SERE training grounds to map out the new missile site, and an unfortunate encounter with a lone woman hiking on the AT that had to be silenced. New ground for added conspiracy that no one can prove "didn't happen".

Oy. Its not even good fiction, if he wants to get better at this, he should read some Clancy or Ludlum for some tips.