PDA

View Full Version : Looking for thru-hikers !!!

Macgyver
01-25-2003, 20:21
I planning to thru-hike the AT in about a year an i'm looking for someone who has hiked the whole AT so i can find out some info and ask questions. If you have hiked the entire length of the AT please contact me at [email protected]

SkyKing
01-25-2003, 20:45
Easy....was very surprised when you said no one here had hiked the whole AT! I would have thought there were MANY thru hiker members.

SkyKing
01-26-2003, 12:39
No problem Easy....I have to bite my tongue myself cause I sometimes get caught in that trap also. :o

Jack Tarlin
01-27-2003, 18:30
M---

In all seriousness, there are over 500 folks here at Whiteblaze, with varied ammounts of A.T. experience. Many of the people here, like you, are actively planning and preparing for an A.T. thru-hike. Some good news: This is one of the best places on the Internet for you to have come; there are a lot of very knowledgable folks here, many of whom have hiked the trail in its entirety.

I suggest you go thru the whole site, and find threads that are of particular interest to you. If you've any specific questions, feel free to start a new thread in the appropriate area. If you're unsure of where to post a question, send it to the "general" forum, which seems to be a catch-all for all sort of things.

As far as other sites, I'd check out the Thru-hiker info at www.atconf.org and www.aldha.org, which have a ton of useful things for folks seriously contemplating a thru-hike. There's also a thread on whiteblaze.net called "Selected Internet resources" which has yet more good information. To read journals/diaries of previous hikers, you might want to check out www.trailjournals.com

Anyway, you've come to a good place. best of luck with your planning and preparation, and if you've any specific questions, by all means send 'em along.

rickb
01-27-2003, 18:43
Well, if you were in my car on Rt 495 yeasterday you could have flagged down the white SUV we passed in the slow lane. His spare tire cover had a huge AT symbol with his trail name and GA to ME 1999 on it.

I gave him a thumbs up at 75 MPH, and was relieved to see one back. I'd have hated to think he though I was giving him the finger ;-). My wife commented that it was a pretty nice car for a hiker bum.

Rick B

MedicineMan
02-01-2003, 02:11
OxGAME97...especially if it had UT vols stuff all over it....if so he shuttled me to Newfound Gap from Fontana Dam once...a true trail angel....