PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping bag storage

damskipi
01-24-2016, 15:22
What method do you recommend? I've read a lot about storing them loosely in a mesh bag or large bin, but I've also heard that people hang them. What are the benefits of hanging vs bins? How exactly do you hang them?

I'll be be moving soon and I think my next place will have more hanging room vs my current place where bins work better.

Thanks!

Slo-go'en
01-24-2016, 15:32
Hanging is probably the best way, but loose in a mesh bag works too. Depends on what you have room for. I have to go with the bag.

4eyedbuzzard
01-24-2016, 15:45
Hanging is probably best, but not if you have a cat :eek: :D where it could become an expensive climbing toy or access to an upper shelf.
Plastic bins are good especially if there are any potential mice problems. Just make sure the bag is completely dry before storing it in there.
Otherwise, the cotton storage bag it came with is good.

bigcranky
01-24-2016, 15:55
My expensive bags came with large cloth bags in which I store them in the top of a closet.

Venchka
01-24-2016, 16:57
My expensive bags came with large cloth bags in which I store them in the top of a closet.

Same here.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Rocket Jones
01-24-2016, 18:50
I bought a cheap cotton pillowcase at the big box store and loosely stuff my quilt into it. Then it goes into a bin, except in the winter when it goes into the corner of my living room for snuggling up.

soumodeler
01-24-2016, 18:59
Large cotton storage bag in the closet.

MuddyWaters
01-24-2016, 19:09
I use the biggest plastic bins I can find. Half dozen of them all stacked up in the garage.
Bags, quilts, jackets, no issues.
A couple quilts hang in my closet inside too.

I have gear for two, and storage space is getting scarce to keep bulky items uncomoressed. ...hence the bins and garage . dont trust under bed , etc with cat.

samb.
01-24-2016, 20:57
I just unroll the and put them under my bed, have a few bags stored under there year round.

Hosh
01-24-2016, 23:51
The manufacturer's storage sacks will work, important to make sure things are dry. I have floor to ceiling cabinets in my basement that serve to store my backpacking and camping gear. Quilts and sleeping bags are hung in a cool dry place with out any compression.

Down is very resilient, I have a 20+ year old bag that still lofts up like it was new, moisture is the biggest enemy.

pauly_j
01-25-2016, 05:20
Sleeping pad and sleeping bag laid out under the sofa.