PDA

View Full Version : Bartram Trail Questions

The Solemates
12-15-2005, 12:30
Has anyone got any ideas about how to "hike around" the 14-mile road walk? Any revelation on this in the past few years since Ive done it last? ..other than aqua blazing it.

Any opinions on options for resupply midway through?

Anyone wanna volunteer to take me back to my car after the ruckus?

MOWGLI
12-15-2005, 12:53
Has anyone got any ideas about how to "hike around" the 14-mile road walk? Any revelation on this in the past few years since Ive done it last? ..other than aqua blazing it.

I plan to hike the Bartram into the Ruck myself. Maybe we can arrange a shuttle deal. PM me if you like. Regarding the roadwalk, as far as I'm concerned, roadwalks are for hitchhiking. That's my plan anyway. I might be able to arrange a ride with someone from the Nantahala Hiking Club.

Regarding the river, its too cold to aquablaze in January, and the President of the NC Bartram Trail Society told me last weekend that there are many trees down in the river, so portages would probably be required.

I might end up taking the AT from Wayah Bald depending on the weather and my physical condition. The idea of walking down to the Nantahala River on the Bartram, then up to Cheoah Bald, and back down to NOC is not all that appealing right now. Then again, Cheoah is a great spot. We'll see.

The Solemates
12-15-2005, 13:07
PM sent....

general
12-16-2005, 21:43

i'll be headed back to north georgia after the ruck. should have 2 or 3 extra spaces for the ride

The Solemates
12-19-2005, 11:45
i'll be headed back to north georgia after the ruck. should have 2 or 3 extra spaces for the ride

general....

mowgli has volunteered as well, but if that doesnt work out, or since it may be on the way for you, then I will certainly keep you in mind. thanks for the help!! see you at the ruck...

The Solemates
01-03-2006, 13:02
general...

mowgli isnt going to be able to give me a ride after all. still up for shuttling me back? i sent you a PM as well...