PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay near Springer/Amicola night before lift off...

JaketheFake
01-29-2016, 23:36
My wife is cool enough to offer to haul me up to Springer for what appears to be now an April 5th launch. Problem is she has to jet mid-day so we are now looking for a cool place to bed on the night of the 4th preferably kinda close to Springer. Anyone have any suggestions? She is not a baby, but in light of her schedule the rest of the week I am looking for something other than a tent. Are there any cabins available at Amicola? B&Bs? or what have you?

Also, we don't have times locked down yet, but I am sure if someone needed a ride from Atlanta Airport and was there when we were shoving off, we could probabally offers ride.

Cotton Terry
01-30-2016, 06:51
The Lodge at Amicalola Falls is about an hour from Springer. They have hotel rooms and cabins. The Approach Trail is near there, too, if you don't want to drive to Springer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lone Wolf
01-30-2016, 06:57
http://www.amicalolafallslodge.com/default.aspx?pg=cabins

TheCheek
01-30-2016, 08:55
http://www.amicalolafallslodge.com/default.aspx?pg=cabins

We stayed in one of those in 14 when my father in law started. They feel decently secluded and pretty nice. Rustic but by hiker standards they are lavish : bathroom, running water, fridge, beds etc. Everything you need.

Praha4
01-30-2016, 12:58
like others here said, the Amicalola Falls SP Lodge is really nice, and right off the Approach Trail. I've stayed in that lodge several times. My other suggestion is the Super-8 Motel in Dahlonega, GA. It's reasonably priced and clean, and right next to McDonalds. There's also a Days Inn across the road from the Super-8. Checkout Dahlonega while you're there, one of my favorite towns in north GA. Good luck!

liteweight
01-30-2016, 23:50
Staying at the Hiker Hostel before having them shuttle me over to springer. I've only read positive reviews and I know they offer private rooms as well. Seems reasonably priced as well.

Adriana
01-31-2016, 21:00
I'm in Jasper about 15 miles south of Amicalola - you can go on VRBO and Air B&B and find rentals in the area. Most have a 2 or 3 day minimum.

bigcranky
01-31-2016, 21:23
My partner and I stayed at the lodge once before sectioning Georgia. It was very nice -- great view from the room, good buffet breakfast. You can start your hike from the lodge if you like, right up the Approach Trail.

Lone Wolf
01-31-2016, 21:26
My partner and I stayed at the lodge once before sectioning Georgia. It was very nice -- great view from the room, good buffet breakfast. You can start your hike from the lodge if you like, right up the Approach Trail.

i've stayed there about 4 times before my hikes. a little pricey but life is short. do it

MuddyWaters
01-31-2016, 21:29
Thars a bunch of hotels in Gainesville. If you got a car, you dont have to be any closer than that.

JaketheFake
01-31-2016, 22:09
Awesome advice I appreciate everybody's pointers. Thank you!

bemental
02-01-2016, 09:44

Lodge and approach trail would probably be the easiest option.