PDA

View Full Version : WTB: MLD Rain Mitts or similar

Bill B
01-31-2016, 20:07
WTB: MLD Rain Mitts or similar. Size large. MYOG is fine too if you have something you're not using!

Bill B
02-04-2016, 13:11
To clarify, looking for mitts with the offset (more anatomically correct) thumbs, not flat mitts where the front & back are the same (if that makes sense...)

Studlintsean
02-04-2016, 13:50
To clarify, looking for mitts with the offset (more anatomically correct) thumbs, not flat mitts where the front & back are the same (if that makes sense...)

You may want to check these out which are reasonably priced. I have a tarp and bivy from them which are both well constructed. I ordered a pair and can give initial thoughts when they come (I have no idea how long it will take).

http://borahgear.com/eventmitts.html

Bill B
02-06-2016, 12:59
You may want to check these out which are reasonably priced. I have a tarp and bivy from them which are both well constructed. I ordered a pair and can give initial thoughts when they come (I have no idea how long it will take).

http://borahgear.com/eventmitts.html

Yes, these seem like what I'm looking for. I'd be interested to hear your first impressions when they arrive!

Studlintsean
02-06-2016, 13:11
I'll let you know when they come in.

Studlintsean
02-22-2016, 14:04
Yes, these seem like what I'm looking for. I'd be interested to hear your first impressions when they arrive!

I received my Borah Gear rain mitts this week. I have not had the chance to use them in the rain yet but I have worn them to get a feel for them. The construction is very neat. I bought size Medium based on the MLD sizing and they are a tight fit. This is with a pair of NF glove liners. My hands around about 7 inches long. I would go with a large if your hands are any bigger. I hope this helps.

Bill B
02-26-2016, 11:19
I received my Borah Gear rain mitts this week. I have not had the chance to use them in the rain yet but I have worn them to get a feel for them. The construction is very neat. I bought size Medium based on the MLD sizing and they are a tight fit. This is with a pair of NF glove liners. My hands around about 7 inches long. I would go with a large if your hands are any bigger. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the mini-review! Just ordered a pair of large ones...