PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ride to Springer March 31

Zora
02-03-2016, 12:37
Hi,
Looking to start my NOBO with some trail magic. Need a ride to Springer March 31, can do anytiime, even very early. Can meet you either around Atlanta Airport or at a MARTA stop.

Not interested in for-pay services, sorry.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

mattjv89
02-03-2016, 12:49
If you're asking because you truly can't afford the shuttle to Springer a thru hike just isn't meant to happen this year.

Zora
02-03-2016, 13:01
Hi,

With all due respect I have done A LOT of planning. For me right now time >> money. I will be doing a very budget hike and documenting this on the blogs. I'm quite confident in this and hiking my own hike.

However I do need a hitch to get started, this is why I'm asking. If anyone can help feel free to pm or write here, thanks! If not, no worries.

Zora
02-03-2016, 13:07
Hi,

With all due respect I have done A LOT of planning. For me right now time >> money. I will be doing a very budget hike and documenting this on the blogs. I'm quite confident in this and hiking my own hike.

However I do need a hitch to get started, this is why I'm asking. If anyone can help feel free to pm or write here, thanks! If not, no worries.

Lone Wolf
02-03-2016, 13:11
If you're asking because you truly can't afford the shuttle to Springer a thru hike just isn't meant to happen this year.

dude. that's bull

Slo-go'en
02-03-2016, 13:29
Well, good luck with that. You might find someone willing to split the cost of the shuttle to Springer, but to let you tag along for free? You'll be homeless in Atlanta for quite some time is my guess.

Lone Wolf
02-03-2016, 13:35
Well, good luck with that. You might find someone willing to split the cost of the shuttle to Springer, but to let you tag along for free? You'll be homeless in Atlanta for quite some time is my guess.

another BS answer.

Gambit McCrae
02-03-2016, 14:05
**Warning** Here comes another "BS" Republican answer....

Here is how I would have worded it.. "Hey can I get to springer on someone else's Dollar? I can afford to do a thru hike if I work off of other peoples good will and expense as much as possible, starting with exempting myself from the $90 shuttle cost at the very beginning of the trip...Oh and If anyone will be around BSP when I finish, ill need a ride home.. but ONLY if it works for you if not, no worries!!"

Ron Brown will split a shuttle with ya his number is 706 669-0919...I meant hell split the front seat, he's a great shuttle driver

JaketheFake
02-03-2016, 14:06
My wife is hauling me up there on the 4th from Atlanta....if your schedule changes send me a message.

Lone Wolf
02-03-2016, 14:07
**Warning** Here comes another "BS" Republican answer....

Here is how I would have worded it.. "Hey can I get to springer on someone else's Dollar? I can afford to do a thru hike if I work off of other peoples good will and expense as much as possible, starting with exempting myself from the $90 shuttle cost at the very beginning of the trip...Oh and If anyone will be around BSP when I finish, ill need a ride home.. but ONLY if it works for you if not, no worries!!"

Ron Brown will split a shuttle with ya his number is 706 669-0919...I meant hell split the front seat, he's a great shuttle driver

why answer at all? yes another bs answer

WingedMonkey
02-03-2016, 14:08
Damn folks, the guy is only asking to catch a ride from Airport or MARTA.

It was done that way for many years before all the professional shuttles got into business.

George
02-03-2016, 14:10
you can take amtrak or greyhound to gainsville and walk/ hitch 40 miles to amicalola

FYI - starting your vacation by immediately asking for handouts is very poor form - do not be a bum, if you want to hike, work/ save until you can pay your own way for your vacation

Gambit McCrae
02-03-2016, 14:30
you can take amtrak or greyhound to gainsville and walk/ hitch 40 miles to amicalola

FYI - starting your vacation by immediately asking for handouts is very poor form - do not be a bum, if you want to hike, work/ save until you can pay your own way for your vacation

Bangerang George! :)

NoSew
02-05-2016, 01:14
Why all the negativity???? Here is a bit of advice: give people the benefit of the doubt until you know their situation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TexasBob
02-05-2016, 12:06
With all due respect I have done A LOT of planning. For me right now time >> money. I will be doing a very budget hike and documenting this on the blogs.........

I would like to follow your blog, where can I find it?

FMP
02-05-2016, 12:18
And they said "It never hurts to ask"...not here apparently. Good luck to you Zora, nothing wrong with being upfront and honest! Please post a link of your blog somewhere for us!

WingedMonkey
02-05-2016, 12:21
Folks that have spent more miles on their butt ridding shuttles to the trail than miles on their feet hiking the trail....will never understand the concept of "getting to Springer" or of "getting home from Katahdin".

Gambit McCrae
02-05-2016, 12:48
Folks that have spent more miles on their butt ridding shuttles to the trail than miles on their feet hiking the trail....will never understand the concept of "getting to Springer" or of "getting home from Katahdin".

That is absolutely incorrect good sir, I'm on my 34th section hike of a 7 year goal. I understand the concept of PAYING MY OWN WAY, and I also Understand the concept of getting to springer BECAUSE I GOT MYSELF to springer, with my own resources. And when I get myself home from Katahdin, I will understand that concept as well.

Folks that walk thru have an amazing journey, but a section hikers journey is just as amazing in other ways, formed over years instead of months. I can not wait to some day see the trail thru the eyes of a thru after I section hike it.. But trust me, if I cant afford to get to the trail, I wont be attempting a thru hike.