PDA

View Full Version : Crawford Notch Multi Night Parking

LoneStranger
02-06-2016, 20:12
Would you park a car there for 2-3 nights this time of year or is that asking for trouble?

My usual spot in the Whites has proven to be safe over the years, but I'm thinking about paying Mr Limmer a visit just down the road so it would save a bit of time jumping off from Crawford Notch instead. The last thing I need is to come down from the mountains and have an issue with my ride home though. I'll have my shovel on my pack so not worried about digging my car out if necessary. Just curious if what seems like a good idea is something folks who know better would call stupid :)

One Half
02-06-2016, 20:55
have you called to see if they allow overnight parking this time of year? My guess would be they do not due to weather. Also, the park is "closed" until 4/30 I believe. Meaning amenities are closed and likely gates to parking lots, etc.

Peaks
02-26-2016, 22:02
You might post this on question on Views From The Top

peakbagger
02-27-2016, 08:22
The best place to park is the Crawford path parking lot but I wouldn't recommend it on normal winter as it can get snowed in and the FS can take a couple of days to plow it out. It also is remote so if someone decides to break into cars, its good spot for it. The parking for the Webster Jackson Trail can be used and it is very visible to the road. The parking lot at Crawford Depot also has good visibility and I expect is plowed by AMC. The AMC lot is technically reserved for guests but I am not aware if they have ever towed anyone but they have that right. Common courtesy would be not to park there.

LoneStranger
02-27-2016, 09:53
I opted to use my normal parking spot on the other side of the Pemi just to be safe. With a brand new pair of Limmer Standards hidden in the back seat I figured it best to go with what I knew had worked in the past :)

You might post this on question on Views From The Top

I read there frequently and searched for info on this there as well, but have hesitated to beg for a sponsor to get an account because I'm more of a backpacker than a peakbagger. Someone at the Guyot campsite asked me how I was doing on my 48 last year and I had to admit that I've never counted. He looked at me like I was a nut heh.