PDA

View Full Version : catawba grocery store

jigsaw
02-07-2016, 09:01
just wondering what this store has for a selection for resupply. we are gonna stop for lunch
and would like to get some fresh fruit and veggies for the last day or so to Daleville.

Pajj
02-07-2016, 14:43
It's just a gas station. I don't think there's any fresh fruit but you could definitely get a days worth of resupply. There might be bananas, apples or oranges though

mtntopper
02-07-2016, 14:51
just wondering what this store has for a selection for resupply. we are gonna stop for lunch
and would like to get some fresh fruit and veggies for the last day or so to Daleville.

Which store are you talking about? One of them has closed.

jimmyjam
02-07-2016, 15:58
It is a gas station/convience store. They have enough for a resupply. Also a small deli inside with burgers and BBQs.

Slo-go'en
02-07-2016, 16:44
It is a gas station/convience store. They have enough for a resupply. Also a small deli inside with burgers and BBQs.

A good stop, definitely good for a few days supplies. They have a lot of hikers stop by and know what to stock. When I went there 2 years ago, they also had propane canisters. I believe the book said 4/10th of a mile, but it seemed shorter to me, but then I stashed my pack in the woods so I didn't have to carry it.

TIP: If you plan on eating at the home place, don't eat a big lunch at the store.

Dogwood
02-07-2016, 16:56
Home Place=Yummy.

Sclark9082
04-04-2016, 21:41
definitely had fuel and a GREAT fresh BBQ deli...snack foods...etc. price was acceptable for me...they are providing a service...I appreciated on my 2015 thru. Service was fast, and nice.

-TSquare

turtle fast
04-04-2016, 22:35
It is a fair sized gas station convieniance store that has ample supplies. Also is a good place if you need a new 1 liter soda bottle for an extra water bottle. They have burgers and such if your hiker hunger kicks in.

Slo-go'en
04-05-2016, 08:07
It is a fair sized gas station convieniance store that has ample supplies. Also is a good place if you need a new 1 liter soda bottle for an extra water bottle. They have burgers and such if your hiker hunger kicks in.

They will also let you camp behind the store.

Starchild
04-05-2016, 08:56
They will also let you camp behind the store.
Is 4 Pine's not open? Not seeing the need to camp out there if the hostel is just down the road, which one coild also camp out at. (though appreciate it)

jimmyjam
04-05-2016, 09:49
4 Pines is open. It's about 3/4 mile up the road from the store.

Odd Man Out
04-05-2016, 11:45
4 pines is in the opposite direction. When I got there they let me drive their van to the store. The hostel (and van) were pretty "rustic".