PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather be nursing sore muscles under the stars

FlyFishNut
02-07-2016, 19:52
Than watching the Super Bowl.

Seriously - I keep going outside (where I'm grilling a steak on my Egg) looking up at the stars thinking. How nice would it be to be on the trail looking up at the stars without light pollution, nursing some sore muscles from a long day - prepping some camp chow and chillin'. Followed by a hot cup of tea....

The Cleaner
02-07-2016, 22:02
Just move up to western NC and you can see many places on the AT from several counties.Here in Greeneville TN, I can see all the way to Unaka Mtn., down to Mt. Guyot and many places in between.Camp Creek Bald and about 10 miles of the AT are what's on my eastern horizon.33587

squeezebox
02-08-2016, 01:21
I live in St. Louis city. I can't see 1/2 down the street. Sometime life sucks!!

colorado_rob
02-08-2016, 01:26
Than watching the Super Bowl.

Seriously - I keep going outside (where I'm grilling a steak on my Egg) looking up at the stars thinking. How nice would it be to be on the trail looking up at the stars without light pollution, nursing some sore muscles from a long day - prepping some camp chow and chillin'. Followed by a hot cup of tea....Most days I'd agree, but today/tonight is an exception for this proud Denverite!

Dogwood
02-08-2016, 01:40
Be appreciative in whatever you are doing and wherever you are. It enables the door to be opened that can transport you to anyplace feeling anything. By walking through the park at night, stopping by a stream(it's just a drainage ditch to some), trimming up the garden, smelling gardenia flowers, checking out the sky, coasting down a hill or pedaling up another, it's all good. It's a wonderful life. Make the most of it by embracing LIFE to the fullest exactly where you are.

illabelle
02-08-2016, 06:55
Most days I'd agree, but today/tonight is an exception for this proud Denverite!

High five from Knoxville!!!
:clap

Home of the UT Vols, where Peyton started his career, in case anybody doesn't know.

Pedaling Fool
02-08-2016, 09:19
I didn't even know the superbowl was happening until sometime last night, still don't know who won...

rafe
02-08-2016, 09:34
My friend Julie and I took a little hike up in the White Mountains. Plenty of ice, not much snow. I had spikes on, probably should have used crampons in a few places. On some of those ledges, you'd slide for a long way if you lost your footing. A wee bit unnerving, actually.

Studlintsean
02-08-2016, 11:25
Just move up to western NC and you can see many places on the AT from several counties.Here in Greeneville TN, I can see all the way to Unaka Mtn., down to Mt. Guyot and many places in between.Camp Creek Bald and about 10 miles of the AT are what's on my eastern horizon.33587

Is that Tusculum College? My sister played softball and graduated from there a few years ago.

rocketsocks
02-08-2016, 13:03
I didn't even know the superbowl was happening until sometime last night, still don't know who won...Denver won with their exceptional defense, Cam Newton, quarterback for the Panthers laid an egg ( a gift if you will) right on the 5 yard line for Denver to stroll in the enzone for a game changing touchdown...it was a good Super Bowl as far as Super Bowl games go.

Puddlefish
02-08-2016, 13:10
Bah and congratulations to Denver and their fans. They spanked my beloved Patriots twice this year.

tiptoe
02-08-2016, 13:29
We call it the Stupor Bowl, and this year it happened to coincide with my daughter's birthday. So the family gathered in nyc and I spent 4 hours immobile on a couch, feeding my face with chips and dips and watching oversized, overcoached, overtattooed (but not overpaid, as they are risking their bodies and their brains) armored men collide with each other and do little dances. I haven't had a working TV for years, so this is pretty much a once-a-year event for me.

FlyFishNut
02-08-2016, 17:51
Be appreciative in whatever you are doing and wherever you are. It enables the door to be opened that can transport you to anyplace feeling anything. By walking through the park at night, stopping by a stream(it's just a drainage ditch to some), trimming up the garden, smelling gardenia flowers, checking out the sky, coasting down a hill or pedaling up another, it's all good. It's a wonderful life. Make the most of it by embracing LIFE to the fullest exactly where you are.

Ummmmmm... OK - did you just do a big bong hit?

Don't get the wrong idea, I wasn't sitting on the patio sobbing and yelling, "I wish I was hiking! I wish I was hiking!". I was just musing, while drinking a beer and grilling a chicago style ribeye (on the really rare side) how the rest of the world seemed to come to a standstill to watch this game and I'd have been happier under the stars, vs watching overpaid narcissists chasing a ball.

I don't mean to dash the new agey "be in the now", "be present" notions - b/c I do agree somewhat. But sometimes you know the grass is greener.

squeezebox
02-09-2016, 00:03
I didn't even know the superbowl was happening until sometime last night, still don't know who won...
What did they win??
See the scene from Woody Allen's love and death where the sargent lectures his troups before going into battle. Someone help me out here please.

Skyline
02-09-2016, 00:43
Denver won with their exceptional defense, Cam Newton, quarterback for the Panthers laid an egg ( a gift if you will) right on the 5 yard line for Denver to stroll in the enzone for a game changing touchdown...it was a good Super Bowl as far as Super Bowl games go.

Seriously? Unless you were a Denver and/or Peyton Manning fan it was the Snooze Bowl. Glad to see him go out with a win, but a good game?

Dogwood
02-09-2016, 02:24
Ummmmmm... OK - did you just do a big bong hit?

Don't get the wrong idea, I wasn't sitting on the patio sobbing and yelling, "I wish I was hiking! I wish I was hiking!". I was just musing, while drinking a beer and grilling a chicago style ribeye (on the really rare side) how the rest of the world seemed to come to a standstill to watch this game and I'd have been happier under the stars, vs watching overpaid narcissists chasing a ball.

I don't mean to dash the new agey "be in the now", "be present" notions - b/c I do agree somewhat. But sometimes you know the grass is greener.

No, I don't do drugs. I just drink beer. ;) LOL. I hear ya.

rocketsocks
02-09-2016, 16:08
Seriously? Unless you were a Denver and/or Peyton Manning fan it was the Snooze Bowl. Glad to see him go out with a win, but a good game?Perhaps I've confused the great food and good company.

Skyline
02-09-2016, 16:43
Perhaps I've confused the great food and good company.

LOL. Probably.