PDA

View Full Version : ignoring threads or sub forums, possible?

Mtsman
02-14-2016, 06:44
Hey guys n gals. I am looking for a way to ignore certain threads or even entire sub forums. I.E. as much as I love talking to females, I think that sub-forum should be all their own. The problem with this is, when I go to new posts I often run into a thread started in there and I would rather not see them at all.

Is this possible and if so, how do I go about doing this?

Thank you for your time.

4eyedbuzzard
02-14-2016, 11:57
On the right hand side of the gray bar at the top of any thread, you can go to Thread Tools and select Add to Ignore List.
I don't believe that there is a way to ignore entire forums, other than the old-fashioned way, by just ignoring them. Consider it an exercise in self-discipline ;).

Sarcasm the elf
02-14-2016, 12:16
I agree with your opinion about men staying out of the women's forum and have had it on ignore for almost a year.

In order to ignore a forum, click on the "Forum" button that next to the "home" button. Then scroll down until you see the forum that you want to ignore. Click on it and it will bring into that forum. From there, click on "forum tools" on the right side of the screen and from the dropdown select "add forum to ignore list"

Once you do that it will be totally invisible to you, you won't see any threads from the forum in the what's new section and it won't appear on the forum screen. If you ever want to go back to it you will have to go into your user settings and find it under the "Thread/Forum ignore list" option.

Some ignore features might only be available to donating members, I'm not sure if this is one of them.

4eyedbuzzard
02-14-2016, 12:19
I agree with your opinion about men staying out of the women's forum and have had it on ignore for almost a year.

In order to ignore a forum, click on the "Forum" button that next to the "home" button. Then scroll down until you see the forum that you want to ignore. Click on it and it will bring into that forum. From there, click on "forum tools" on the right side of the screen and from the dropdown select "add forum to ignore list"

Once you do that it will be totally invisible to you, you won't see any threads from the forum in the what's new section and it won't appear on the forum screen. If you ever want to go back to it you will have to go into your user settings and find it under the "Thread/Forum ignore list" option.

Some ignore features might only be available to donating members, I'm not sure if this is one of them.TY Sarcasm, didn't know that was available.

bemental
02-14-2016, 12:35
Now, if we could only ignore particular users...

Puddlefish
02-14-2016, 12:44

Click on Puddlefish, View Profile, Ignore User. But you'd miss me... maybe.

4eyedbuzzard
02-14-2016, 12:44
Now, if we could only ignore particular users...Click on the member's name on the left, go to their profile, and click on Add to Ignore List. And no, there is no option to ignore oneself. Yeah, you know, I had to try.

Sarcasm the elf
02-14-2016, 12:51

But then nobody would see what I'm writing. :eek:

Mtsman
02-14-2016, 20:51
Wow guys, this is really good info thanks!!

Mtsman
02-14-2016, 21:00
ahhh, yeah looks like both the ignore options are for donating members.

I wouldn't mind donating if it was a one time fee or longer than a year. I cant stand reoccurring fees (hell, ive paid my insurance 5 years in advance{save any adjustments} and my cellphone 3 years in advance) I guess I am kinda strange like that. I did email the admin here asking for some sort of permanent payment arrangement but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Riocielo
02-16-2016, 19:06
If you view the forum from Tapatalk there is an ignore user option. Click on the user's name and it is the last option on the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk