PDA

View Full Version : Leaving my job today!!

Mtsman
02-15-2016, 05:29
YES! It is getting close. I have 1 1/2 hours before I leave my work place for good! I then make my way to Atlanta GA to pick up my dad from the airport the 21st so he can drive me to the trail and drive my truck home for storage. If all goes well I will hit the trail the 22nd of Feb! I am getting giddy and excited now I am almost freeeeeeeee!

Venchka
02-15-2016, 08:30
25 days behind you. I won't be backpacking immediately. That will come later this summer. I will be unemployed for the first time since March, 1968. Simultaneously excited and scared poop less.
Good luck to you!

Wayne

dbright
02-15-2016, 08:56
I leave for Atlanta on the 26th. Hope to catch up to you. Save some hills for me.

Woodturner
02-15-2016, 10:57
I'm way behind all of you because I'm only shooting for Rockfish Gap north with a start date of May 20. I quit the full time job in August of last year. Last week, I gave a part-time job a shot, but found out that a lifetime of working in manufacturing and skilled trades is poor preparation for running a cash register and filling coffee pots at a convenience store/gas station. So, it's back to the life of the idle poor until I head out the door for the walk to the train station on May 18.
There is plenty to do until then.

peakbagger
02-15-2016, 11:00
Have a great trip, wave at my house from the top of Madison when you walk through the whites. :)

rafe
02-15-2016, 11:29
Have a great trip, make sure your thru hike doesn't turn into... another job.

Bronk
02-15-2016, 11:59
Some of the best times of my life have been spent homeless and umemployed.

Puddlefish
02-15-2016, 12:07
Get off the internet and back to work! Oh, too late, never mind. Enjoy your hike!

Mtsman
02-21-2016, 07:03
I leave for Atlanta on the 26th. Hope to catch up to you. Save some hills for me.
Dbright, you probably will catch up. I'll be the fat, long haired, long bearded, old man (they call me gray bush at work) thats weasing when you breeze by.

I wanted to reply to everyone else but I am on my phone and haven't figured all the good stuff out yet.

I pickup my dad today and then I'm off to the lodge tonight.

Who else is ready to flip the bird at their boss and go hiking? [emoji13]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Son Driven
02-21-2016, 08:26
Enjoy the journey, open your heart to all you will soon be emearsed in.

FlyFishNut
02-21-2016, 10:19
BEST OF LUCK to you all. Please take a moment here and there to keep us rats still stuck in the monotony of working for The Man posted on your adventures.

Green with jealousy.

Mtsman
02-21-2016, 10:23
BEST OF LUCK to you all. Please take a moment here and there to keep us rats still stuck in the monotony of working for The Man posted on your adventures.

Green with jealousy.
That's a fantastic idea!! Let's open this thread up and share YOUR "leaving the workplace" moments for the great risks of your life!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk