PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Blizzard?

Red Cinema
02-16-2016, 14:55
He started at the beginning of the year, has a trail journal, last posted 1/31.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=520470

Anyone know what's up with Blizzard?

The Cleaner
02-16-2016, 15:17
I'd kinda like to know too since I met him about 8 miles north of Hot Springs back on 1-25.That was just where the snow started getting deep.There were 2' drifts in places and lots of snowdowns to crawl under too.One of his last posts mentioned taking almost 12 hours to hike 6 miles between 2 shelters on the section north of Allen Gap.

The Cleaner
02-16-2016, 18:39
Blizzard is not the only one MIA.I don't exactly know the number of January starters but over half of those who had a Trail Journals.com page suddenly have stopped updating their TJ page.There's nothing wrong with getting a beat down from mother nature,those who got out and tried did more than most folks ever will.They can go back home or hang out with friends and start again when the weather is warmer.Mid to late April starters are more likely to see less cold and snow.All of us make mistakes,that just part of being human.The smart folks learn from their mistakes and may one day be back on the trail.

Malto
02-16-2016, 19:57
Blizzard is not the only one MIA.I don't exactly know the number of January starters but over half of those who had a Trail Journals.com page suddenly have stopped updating their TJ page.There's nothing wrong with getting a beat down from mother nature,those who got out and tried did more than most folks ever will.They can go back home or hang out with friends and start again when the weather is warmer.Mid to late April starters are more likely to see less cold and snow.All of us make mistakes,that just part of being human.The smart folks learn from their mistakes and may one day be back on the trail.

Or they leave the trail intending to come back and then decide the beach is an easier vacation.

mtntopper
02-16-2016, 20:14

Who else is off the trail that started in Jan.?

The Cleaner
02-16-2016, 21:29
One nice young guy,trail name "AK".

mtntopper
02-16-2016, 22:48
One nice young guy,trail name "AK".

I thought he back on.

shelb
02-16-2016, 23:57
It is just too bad that they do not at least post that they are off trail for a temporary hiatus. At least that way, you all would know they made it through the snow / storm safely.

Cotton Terry
02-17-2016, 16:56
I thought he back on.

The last TJ post I see from AK is January 17th from Franklin, NC.

mtntopper
02-17-2016, 18:58
The last TJ post I see from AK is January 17th from Franklin, NC.

Yeah, I was thinking of someone else.

Longchuan
02-22-2016, 22:32
Hey guys, I'm one of the January NOBOs. Most of us are just now getting to Virginia (the snow really slowed things down). Blizzard is probably the fastest of us all, though it seems most people have no idea where he is right now... Of the January 1st group, I think most of us are still on the trail (probably just too lazy to update their journals). Slipknot is in Damascus right now along with 5 other January thrus.