PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes Sale

Hosh
02-17-2016, 18:13
Steepandcheap.com has some great discounts 25 to 55% on some of BA's higher end air pads, sleeping bags, and tents

Casey & Gina
02-17-2016, 18:54
The tents look like last year's models, some of them have changed considerably. That said I like our previous-year Scout UL2, and the new 2016 model doesn't look as nice, so it's a great deal if that's what you're looking for.

colorado_rob
02-17-2016, 18:57
Sa-weet deals, like C&G just said, that Scout+ is half off. I almost just bought one... really don't need a ninth tent. Eight is enough.

FlyFishNut
02-17-2016, 20:34
Hmmmm. So right now I use an Original ThermaRest on top of a foam Ridgecrest foam pad when it is cold (and mostly I do cold weather trips). What BA pad could I use by itself that would equal this set up in warmth and comfort? I suppose I'll save some significant weight by going with one pad as well.

Hosh
02-17-2016, 21:07
Hmmmm. So right now I use an Original ThermaRest on top of a foam Ridgecrest foam pad when it is cold (and mostly I do cold weather trips). What BA pad could I use by itself that would equal this set up in warmth and comfort? I suppose I'll save some significant weight by going with one pad as well.
I really like my Q-core Sl 25" width. Outdoor Gear Lab testers complained about the quilted surface, but I like it and the thicker outer edges. I toss and turn and the edge design keeps you in the center. This is a pretty good discount at 46%.

Eight is enough for tents and children. Exceptions should be made for backpacking stoves.

egilbe
02-17-2016, 22:32
Eight is enough for tents and children. Exceptions should be made for backpacking stoves.

Oh thats good. I have a Solo lite arriving tomorrow. Which would be my 7th? Stove, I think.

Hosh
02-17-2016, 23:50
If I counted my alcohol stoves, I would end up in re-hab

Casey & Gina
02-18-2016, 10:47

Insulated Q-Core. Make sure you save proof of purchase though - I got two and they had defects. I agree with Hosh that the quilted design is actually very comfortable.

Hosh
02-18-2016, 11:35
SteepandCheap is the internet outlet for Backcountry.com. Once you sign up, there's a complete order history from your first purchase forward. They used to only do the "current steal" a single item with a high discount, limited quantity for a short duration, minutes. They recently added the Gear Cache that has more variety, longer duration, days and less aggressive discounts.

They ship from SLC, so I can get 2-3 day service for $6-7 in freight cost. It's a pretty good source, patagucci, marmot, mh, icebreaker, smartwool etc. I purchased both a Copper Spur UL3 & 4, our summer family vacations are backpacking trips, at 50% off during the model year transition.