PDA

View Full Version : Gear Review

FooFooCuddlyPoops
02-22-2016, 22:09
Hey guys.

I finally got to working on my gear, and wanted to post it on here for a basic review.

I can't really buy any more gear, but I can obviously take stuff out, etc.

My gear right now: http://lighterpack.com/r/dwci8e

The things I am playing around with changing as of right now; Pot, Stove.

I am looking into using a can and modified fancy feast cholera stove. Currently in the works of being made to test ease, and weight standards.

The things I still need to get; Crocs, Sleep shorts.

I am considering just doing a cheap pair of sandals. My issue is water crossings. I like the crocs for the back strap.

Explanations:
My sleeping bag is that heavy because that includes the cord for my pod modification, and the compress bag. Right now, the hammock and sleeping bag are all combined into one compress bag for easy set up minimizing a secondary bag for the hammock. I may pack the sleeping bag separate.

Heliotrope
02-23-2016, 18:28
I would be careful using a "fancy feast CHOLERA stove" [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heliotrope
02-23-2016, 18:34
Where are you heading? And when? When fording rivers here in Maine I cross in my running/hiking shoes for secure footing. Crocs and sandals can be easily pulled off by strong currents. Is the jetboil really as light as your listed weight?

FooFooCuddlyPoops
02-23-2016, 21:53
Va-ny along the at starting May.

FooFooCuddlyPoops
02-23-2016, 21:53
Whoops...fancy feast modified stove with a wick. Hahaha

FooFooCuddlyPoops
02-23-2016, 21:54
It's a msr knock off. I accidentally types the wrong stove.

AtWokman
02-24-2016, 00:02
passport??

Heliotrope
02-24-2016, 11:36
It's a msr knock off. I accidentally types the wrong stove.

If it's a canister stove I would stick with that myself. Lots of folks love alcohol stoves but the lighter weight is made up for by the less efficient fuel.. I love the convenience and speed of the canister stoves. I stopped for a hot meal when I was getting chilled on a rainy day- I had the stove fired up and my pot of hot food in no time.

DuneElliot
02-24-2016, 12:25
I found a great pair of light deck-type shoes on sale for $9 at Walmart recently. Weigh in a 10oz which is a little heavier than I'd like, but worth it for river crossings and camp shoes.

Brup Bup
02-24-2016, 22:33
Depending on how early you leave, might want to bring more warm clothes. For me at least, a 45 degree bag is more like a 55...

Brup Bup
02-24-2016, 22:34
Oops... Missed that other post. Sounds legit :) Good list.