PDA

View Full Version : Early mud season

Slo-go'en
02-25-2016, 11:01
With the serious lack of snow around here and the warm temps (60 degrees today!) we're looking at a real early mud season here in New England.

There's still a lot of frost in the ground, but once that starts to thaw the mud will get serious and it looks like that will be soon. May in March, it just ain't natural!

hubcap
02-25-2016, 11:11
I was thinking the same thing this morning. Going to be a "sloggy" next few months out there. It's all good!! :D

colorado_rob
02-25-2016, 11:14
If it's May in March, does this mean it will be June in April?

Water Rat
02-25-2016, 11:19
If it's May in March, does this mean it will be June in April?

Hard to say just yet, but the way the weather has been... I wouldn't count it out!

johnnybgood
02-25-2016, 11:58
The 3 + feet of snow in SNP was mostly gone this past weekend making for very muddy trail conditions. My boots were caked with mud all the way to the topside.

Snowleopard
02-25-2016, 14:59
With the serious lack of snow around here and the warm temps (60 degrees today!) we're looking at a real early mud season here in New England.

There's still a lot of frost in the ground, but once that starts to thaw the mud will get serious and it looks like that will be soon. May in March, it just ain't natural!
I'm afraid my car will be swallowed by the mud in my driveway. If I dare to go into the woods here, I may disappear with only my hat left above the mud. I hate mud season.

ALLEGHENY
02-25-2016, 15:05
You should see the floor pan in my Jeep, I will need to pull the plugs and get the garden hose out of storage soon.

LoneStranger
02-25-2016, 15:40
With most places in NE getting little snow and not much time in the real deep freeze there may not be much of a mud season this year. I know here at the coast the snow is all but gone again and the usual frost heave spots are still smooth sailing.