PDA

View Full Version : Question for Lion King

lobster
12-19-2005, 22:11
Looking back, what aspects(particular views, social interactions, etc.) concerning thru-hiking in general or your own experience in 2003 do you wish you had been able to capture on film but couldn't because of weather, time constraints, or other reasons?

Lion King
01-25-2006, 16:40
Looking back, what aspects(particular views, social interactions, etc.) concerning thru-hiking in general or your own experience in 2003 do you wish you had been able to capture on film but couldn't because of weather, time constraints, or other reasons?

Nothing.

I wanted this to be different then every other video out there.

I wanted to capture emotion set to music with a feeling for what its like to be out there. Thru-hike or section hike, or whatever hike you choose.
For people who spend more then a week or two out there they go through certian things, and some are damn ugly, that is covered up a lot in other films.

They (others) capture the important aspects commercially of the AT, Outfitters, Hostels, etc... which are important to some aspect, but as Lone Wolf said "Its just a f-ing trail for fing sakes!"
:D

If I had no time constraints, no money constraints, no other problems, if I had car support, a grant, or the ability to go wherever i wanted and film over and over things or go back and get them, or have all my gear delivered to me instead of carrying it, it would have been a lot different. Btter or worse, whose to say?

Im happy with what it is, some opinions vary as to its goodness or lack thereof, and thats great. We all have different experiances out there, I wanted to capture the universal indivual emotion, thats it.

PartnerShip
01-25-2006, 17:16
Saw some of "Walking With Freedom" at the SORUCK this month. It was great. Missed the first part as I was on one of the hikes. Would love to get a copy. Where can I get it?

Lion King
01-25-2006, 17:26
Saw some of "Walking With Freedom" at the SORUCK this month. It was great. Missed the first part as I was on one of the hikes. Would love to get a copy. Where can I get it?

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?memberId=12500226&productId=39198272

There, or you can contact me via General Delivery in Glencliff NH 03238.
That would be good, as I am trying to raise PCT funds.
I got three months and $3. I better get cracking!
:D

Thanks.

PartnerShip
01-25-2006, 17:53
Thanks. Good Luck getting the $ together.