PDA

View Full Version : MY CROCKS (Just My Guess) ARE KILLING MY FEET

gonegonzo
03-01-2016, 00:16
First off let me say that I suffer from neuropathy . I've had this problem for 4 years now but I am not diabetic . To ease the pain I have been wearing Crock's around the house and for my morning swim at the Y in the mornings . About a month ago I started getting cramps in my feet and now a lot of pain in the side of my left foot . It feels like a shin splint type fracture type of pain ( Just Guessing) . I don't know why but I didn't wear the Crock's for a few days and my feet started feeling better except for the pain in my left foot . Yesterday I wore the Crocks again and today my feet are killing me again .

Now I suspect the choice of easy foot wear catching up to me . The Crocks are a few years old . I suppose as in everything , they have a life expectancy . Maybe they have expired .

Has anyone else experienced this type of foot problems with this type of foot wear ?

Gotts get back on the trail .

Gonzo

bstiffler
03-01-2016, 07:09
from what ive found almost any shoe has a period after which the insert/ arch start to loose support and they really bother my feet ankle. after replacing them my feet feel better. I think crocks are the same probably only more so due to them being mostly plastic foam and over time will probably tend to compress / loose support. If they're years old, Id try replacing them and see if you still have the same problem. Do the soles look worn? Sometimes that can cause them to lose support/ stability which can cause foot problems as well.

ScottishLass
03-01-2016, 11:18
First off let me say that I suffer from neuropathy . I've had this problem for 4 years now but I am not diabetic . To ease the pain I have been wearing Crock's around the house and for my morning swim at the Y in the mornings . About a month ago I started getting cramps in my feet and now a lot of pain in the side of my left foot . It feels like a shin splint type fracture type of pain ( Just Guessing) . I don't know why but I didn't wear the Crock's for a few days and my feet started feeling better except for the pain in my left foot . Yesterday I wore the Crocks again and today my feet are killing me again .

Now I suspect the choice of easy foot wear catching up to me . The Crocks are a few years old . I suppose as in everything , they have a life expectancy . Maybe they have expired .

Has anyone else experienced this type of foot problems with this type of foot wear ?

Gotts get back on the trail .

Gonzo

Crocs are really just one step above being barefoot. In fact, many would argue that being barefoot is better. I, too, have neuropathy and other foot issues. For me, the best shoes for support and comfort are any style of Merrills. The best I've found for comfort are Uggs, but they don't provide arch support. I wouldn't spend too much time in Crocs. Good luck.

burger
03-01-2016, 11:40
I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you--footwear and feet are very individual. Just because you had trouble with Crocs doesn't mean anyone else will have had the same problem, and most hikers with Crocs don't wear them every day. Your problem may have nothing to do with the Crocs, also.

My advice is to go to a doctor ASAP, preferably an orthopedist, sports medicine doctor, or podaistrist (GPs are generally not helpful with injuries like this). If you have a stress fracture, continued walking on it could result in a real break. If you have a sprain of some sort, you might benefit from physical therapy.

brendathompson71
03-01-2016, 15:11
IDK I have foot issues and neuropathy also for me... i have issues with almost every shoe.... but ... as far as crocks I know people who have done the whole trail in crocs (no way I would ) but crocs just like all shoes have a miles life... most people over wear there shoes.

gonegonzo
03-03-2016, 01:08
I am now in N/B cross trainers .

Gonzo

Harrison Bergeron
03-03-2016, 19:20
Oofos seem to hurt my Plantars less than Crocs for wearing around the house. They have great arch support and thick spongy heals. Warning, though, the flipflops work fine but when I tried the strap kind, the strap section was so narrow I could barely get my foot in them.

kayak karl
03-03-2016, 21:29
Croc's aren't really footwear. they have no support what so ever. i wear them when i need kick offs working in houses with new carpeting and by end of day my feet hurt.

Another Kevin
03-04-2016, 15:50
Wow, different people really do have different feet. I've been going through plantar fasciitis for the last few months, and I find that Crocs, my New Balance cross trainers (with orange Superfeet) and my Rockport casual shoes (again with orange Superfeet) are about all I can stand to wear. The fuzzy slippers that I used to wear around the house, my nice dress shoes, my trail runners, my hiking boots and my winter boots all kill me.

LIhikers
03-06-2016, 10:41
I've been wearing the same pair of Crocks for years, to the point that they are almost worn through under the balls of my feet, with no problem. I wear them around the house, and out and about on my days off from work.