PDA

View Full Version : best way to amicola state park

backtrack213
03-01-2016, 15:20
I was planning on flying into Atlanta in late June to do a long section hike. What is the best way to get from there to the approach trail? will there be shuttles available still since its not peak season? I don't want to take a cab or uber there cause it will be too expensive.

FatMan
03-01-2016, 15:23
Most shuttle drivers operate year round. Take Marta to the North Springs Station and have a shuttle guy take you from there to AFSP, or Springer parking lot, whichever you prefer.

Enjoy your hike!

garminator
03-01-2016, 19:42
I'll be flying into Atlanta in mid April and was wondering if anyone can advise what is the best way to get me gear/pack there. I was considering boxing up my pack/trekking poles and shipping them. Can anyone advise? Thanks a million

Hangfire
03-01-2016, 20:38
One thing I will recommend you do is make reservations with a shuttle or a hostel ahead of time. I made the mistake of trying to do it the day before I left and everything was booked, full, no room anywhere. This left me in a bit of a pinch and I ended up taking the Amtrak from Atlanta to Gainesville where I had to staying the night in a hotel then catching a $65 cab to get to Amicalola Falls...not the best way to get to your starting point, let me tell you.

bigcranky
03-01-2016, 20:48
Yes, shuttles will be running in June, just make your reservation as far in advance as possible, then follow up when you get closer.