PDA

View Full Version : Trekking Sandals

mtntopper
03-02-2016, 12:40
Looking for some trekking sandals. Any ideas?

flatgrounder
03-02-2016, 14:34
I use Chaco Z2/classic but the Z/Volv2 is lighter but don't know how it will hold up.

Water Rat
03-02-2016, 15:37
It's all a matter of personal preference. When I hike in sandals (quite often, actually) I use my Keen Newport H2s. http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/shoes/men/newport-h2

They are not lightweight, they are expensive, but I have never had any issues with them. I spend lots of time in them on/off the trail... When they smell, ya just toss them in the washing machine (they are made to do this) and clean them that way. The toe guards also keep me from bashing my toes on all the rocks in the NE.

Zach ADK
03-02-2016, 16:03
I wear Teva sandals since they are available in my size. They do not have toe protection but I mostly do all right in the woods, even off trail. about 10 years ago when I got my first pair they had really good traction soles and now they are not quite as grippy but they do not wear out as fast. They will dry in 10 minutes of walking after a ford. I really like them for hiking and canoeing and they are mostly what I wear in the summer except when I need steel toed boots for a few tasks.