PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bubble from Springer

medicjenn76
03-02-2016, 20:53
What kind of bubbles of hikers would I be looking at after the first of May from Springer? Wanting to set a date for my first section from Springer.. Thanks for all your advice....

bigcranky
03-02-2016, 23:12
It'll be much less crowded after mid-April in Georgia. Not lonely, by any definition, but no thru-hiker bubble.

Early May is a lovely time to be on the trail in the South.

MuddyWaters
03-02-2016, 23:39
Tail end of bubble. A few straggling thru hikers. A bunch of section and weekenders out for the good weather before heat arrives. Expect some shelters to be full, especially around weekend, others you may have all to self. One of best times in spring to be on the AT in GA

daddytwosticks
03-03-2016, 08:14
May is my favorite month to hike down here. I've been out a lot during this time of year. You will run into thru hiker stragglers even up through Memorial Day weekend in Ga and southern NC. Have a great hike. :)

FatMan
03-03-2016, 09:39
Yep, the posts above have answered this perfectly. It is a rare thing on WB to have everyone get it right.

Enjoy your hike.

medicjenn76
03-03-2016, 18:02
All these replies where what I was thinking as far as thru hikers go and missing the bubble(s). I did my first backpacking trip in the GSMNP last May and it was a great time to be out. Thank you all, I can't wait!!1