PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle near Shenandoah Natl Park?-

Littlepigeon
03-03-2016, 15:28
I am planning a section hike of 100 miles on the AT in May through Shenandoah Natl. Park with my daughter. My question: is there a shuttle or service that takes hikers back to their car? We plan to start at the northern end and hike south for about 7-8 days, then we need a ride north back to our car.

illabelle
03-03-2016, 15:37
You've come to the right place, though the female hiking forum might not be the right one, but no worries. Welcome to WhiteBlaze! :welcome
Go to the ATC's website, and find the shuttle list: www.appalachiantrail.org/shuttles (http://www.appalachiantrail.org/shuttles)
Find someone near where you plan to go and give 'em a call.
Here are a few we've used:
Bill Gallagher, 540-456-8078 (south end of SNP, maybe?)
Homer, 540-266-4849 (near Daleville)
Sharon, 703-615-5612 (near Front Royal)

Littlepigeon
03-03-2016, 15:59
Thanks for the quick answer! I posted in female forum because we are two females and a don't want to hitchhike.

dzierzak
03-04-2016, 10:15
If I may recommend, shuttle to your start point and hike back to your car. The shuttle is more predictable. You may not have cell reception or a shuttle may not be available when you want to get back to your car.

mmais68569
04-04-2016, 07:26
If I may recommend, shuttle to your start point and hike back to your car. The shuttle is more predictable. You may not have cell reception or a shuttle may not be available when you want to get back to your car.
I to would recommend hiking back to your car. I would also HIGHLY RECOMMEND Sharon, she has shuttled me twice & she can not do enough for you.