PDA

View Full Version : Trail Journals date delay?

mountainman
03-03-2016, 19:09
Is there a delay in when Journals are posted? It seems the weather and conditions does't match the date on the post. I understand some safety reasons, I'm just trying to figure out the day they're writing about

Cotton Terry
03-03-2016, 20:42
I have a Trail Journal and find that it posts almost real time. The journalist has control over the date on the post and sometimes they catch up on posts, so some dates might lag.

bigcranky
03-03-2016, 21:31
I always figure they are writing on the correct day but posting several days later when they get to town.

Also, there is something of a safety factor; I would not post in real time on the trail and I'm an old guy.

Deacon
03-04-2016, 09:14
Your entry will not post until you log out. If you make an entry be sure you log out rather than just x'ing the app.

Cotton Terry
03-04-2016, 11:09
Your entry will not post until you log out. If you make an entry be sure you log out rather than just x'ing the app.

Good information. Thanks, Deacon

Jack Tarlin
03-04-2016, 14:08
Not to be an alarmist, but some hikers might not want to post in "real" time and might not want the world at large to know exactly where they'll be hiking, over-nighting, getting to a road crossing, etc. There have been reported cases of hikers getting stalked by cyber-admirers and some of these stories are borderline creepy. Something to think about, especially for solo women hikers. Some judicious consideration to what sort of photographs you post is also a good idea. Sorry to bring these things up, but this is the world we live in.