PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: used AT maps covering Shenandoah Park and Northern Virginia

usmlm1973
03-06-2016, 16:10
I want to purchase AT maps covering the Shenandoah National Park and Northern Virginia (PATC maps 7-11). Anyone have some used ones they are interested in selling? Thank you.

Old Hillwalker
03-06-2016, 16:39
Yes I have them. I was going to tell you to make me an offer but once I discovered that we are the same age, I thought I should give them to you gratis. Pay it forward if you will. Send me an address via PM and I will get them right out to you.

Tom Wheeler

rocketsocks
03-06-2016, 17:01
Awesome! :)

usmlm1973
03-07-2016, 12:13
Yes I have them. I was going to tell you to make me an offer but once I discovered that we are the same age, I thought I should give them to you gratis. Pay it forward if you will. Send me an address via PM and I will get them right out to you.

Tom Wheeler
Dear Tom Wheeler, who said getting older doesn't have it's benefits. Thank you for the offer and I certain will be happy to pay it forward. I'd also appreciate any advise you may have since we are about the same age and probably also share some of the same age issues involving hiking. I and another ole Army buddy are looking at hike from Rockfish Gap North to Harpers Ferry in mid-May. This is a very kind gesture and just goes to prove that what goes around comes around. Thanks Tom. Tom Spencer down in North Carolina.
Tom Spencer
1984 Kings Landing Rd
Hampstead, NC 28443
Cell 910-270-0908

Old Hillwalker
03-07-2016, 15:54
Hey Spencer, I am retired Army (1978) who still hikes quite a bit. I am heading to Spain in August/September for the third time to do a 22 day backpack on the GR 11 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GR_11_(Spain)

I will mail the maps out to you tomorrow. The only advice I have is to take it slow and enjoy. This site (Whiteblaze) has all the information you need if you just search for it.

Have fun.

TomW

usmlm1973
03-19-2016, 11:33
Hi Old Hillwalker.. It's Tom Spencer. Please contact me by phone 910-270-0908. I thank you for the AT trail maps you sent. Unfortunately the USPS delivered your flat rate envelope in one of their clear plastic envelopes containing the flat rate envelope that was complete open on all sides and totally empty (no maps, note, etc). I do notice that your flat rate envelope is marked "Tracked and Insured". I took pictures of the delievery incase you need them to try and recover some insurance. Just contact me on my cell Tom. I really appreciate your generosity and effort, but the government managed to screw it up - so what's new. Thanks Tom

rocketsocks
03-19-2016, 20:47
Usmlm, here's the photo I mentioned, click to enlarge. They are dated...2006, 2004, 2006

usmlm1973
03-21-2016, 10:54
Morning Rocketsocks, I received the photo and thanks. The only map that covers our section hike is Map #7 and with it being only one map I appreciate your offer, but I might as well bite the bullet and buy them new since I understand the trail does vary from time to time. I appreciate your effort and offer, but I'll just buy some. Sincerely, Tom.