PDA

View Full Version : Cotopaxi Taboche Pack

mnof1000v
03-07-2016, 23:27
Has anyone tried packs from Cotopaxi? A co-worker heard I was in the market for a new pack, and suggested I consider their new Taboche 55.

https://www.cotopaxi.com/collections/technical-packs/products/taboche-55l-pack?variant=6927871169

Cotopaxi is web-only, so I can't exactly hit up my local gear shop to try it out.

nsherry61
03-07-2016, 23:49
If you can't try it on, I'm not sure what is appealing about it. It's fairly heavy. It might or might not fit you. It's not especially inexpensive - for example, the REI Flash is $10 more with a lifetime guarantee from a reputable outfitter and you can try it on in the store and return it if you find it doesn't work for you after using it.

eblanche
03-08-2016, 08:57
Honestly, I don't see what sets it apart from the Gregory/Deuter(maybe osprey) packs other than bright colors. Seems just as heavy and some of the same or similar features. I do notice the water bottle pockets are angled in the wrong direction...for me at least and the hipbelt pockets are just as small as the other name brand packs i listed.

Not impressed.

mnof1000v
03-11-2016, 22:14
Obviously, with any pack purchase, it's preferable to try on in-store. And, admittedly, theirs isn't the lightest pack on the market. I'm actually favoring a GG Crown VC 60, which is a much more stripped down, lightweight pack. That said, my coworker has had some great things to say about some of the Cotopaxi apparel. Given that it's a relatively new company, I figured I'd ask if anyone had any experience with their gear. Thanks for the feedback.