PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Pack

Boo-Yah
03-10-2016, 15:01
Love my Osprey Atmos, but lately it has an annoying rubbing noise with every step, sounds like rusty door, and NO it is not my joints! Anyone know what or how to get rid of it, drives me nuts sometimes. I think it is coming from frame
:-?

Mr. Bumpy
03-10-2016, 15:05
My Aether was squeaky. I took the frame out and wrapped the top member crosspiece with cloth tape (old style self adhesive bicycle handlebar tape) and it was good to go. It was a lot easier to get the frame out then back in, but there are diy videos on the Osprey web page. I did this several years ago. No squeaky since then.

Boo-Yah
03-10-2016, 15:50
My Aether was squeaky. I took the frame out and wrapped the top member crosspiece with cloth tape (old style self adhesive bicycle handlebar tape) and it was good to go. It was a lot easier to get the frame out then back in, but there are diy videos on the Osprey web page. I did this several years ago. No squeaky since then.

Thanks I will take a look

illabelle
03-10-2016, 17:35
My Deuter pack squeaks sometimes depending on how I load it. By getting the weight closer to my body, I was able to get rid of the squeak. It was really tiring to hear that step after step.