PDA

View Full Version : Its REI Dividend Time - What's on your wishlist?

Offshore
03-14-2016, 09:30
Thinking of a Garmin Fenix 3HR, myself...

Uncle Joe
03-14-2016, 09:42
Thinking about getting the Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2. Want to take a trip out West and I know from biking out there good hanging trees are as ubiquitous!

soumodeler
03-14-2016, 10:08
If only I could apply my REI dividend to ZPacks gear...

chknfngrs
03-14-2016, 10:25
Special order it? I'm sure you could try

LIhikers
03-14-2016, 10:31
We didn't need much, so we didn't buy much there this year so our dividend will only be pennies.
At my age I need less and less to be happy and content.

dudeijuststarted
03-14-2016, 10:54
I'm thinking a nice daypack and some car camping gear for these redwoods. Enjoying a little more luxury these days :)

RangerZ
03-14-2016, 12:01
Same here, didn't buy much, won't get much, don't want/need much. All small stuff that I've been delaying buying waiting for the dividend and 20% coupon.

nsherry61
03-14-2016, 12:14
Cash out your dividend when it becomes available to do so, in July I think, and then use it for ZPacks gear if you wish.

I was really surprised at how large my dividend was since I purchased nothing at full retail. But, I do use my REI Mastercard and now I have $300 in gear money waiting at REI!!

soumodeler
03-14-2016, 13:33
Cash out your dividend when it becomes available to do so, in July I think, and then use it for ZPacks gear if you wish.

I forgot that you could cash it out later in the year. It doesn't really matter though. I don't think mine will be over $5 this year since I didn't buy anything at full price.

I also just ordered my ZPacks Arc Haul Zip today, so that <$5 will go to something else!

colorado_rob
03-14-2016, 13:38
I forgot that you could cash it out later in the year. It doesn't really matter though. I don't think mine will be over $5 this year since I didn't buy anything at full price.

I also just ordered my ZPacks Arc Haul Zip today, so that <$5 will go to something else!Got you beat by 8-times! A whopping 40 bucks. wow. I, too, nearly always buy on sale. Not sure how I even got 40 bucks.

saltysack
03-14-2016, 15:07
$250 due to rei credit card....don't really need anything.....more crap to carry! Just ordered a Houdini a month ago from backcountry.com....return and re buy.....??? Do love the Houdini for paddling here in sunny Fl...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangerZ
03-14-2016, 15:21
Same here, didn't buy much, won't get much, don't want/need much. All small stuff that I've been delaying buying waiting for the dividend and 20% coupon.

$31.60 - oh boy, don't spent it all in one place, oh wait I'm supposed to!

Sarcasm the elf
03-14-2016, 15:41

I was about to write the same thing. :D

I ended up using part of mine to buy an pair of Convertible pants from the outlet that were treated with insectshield.

saltysack
03-14-2016, 16:28
Thinking of a Garmin Fenix 3HR, myself...

I wonder if you can use the 20% off coupon on that $500 watch?

bigcranky
03-14-2016, 17:08
$403. Using the REI card for everything pays off once a year. :)

I know I want some new trekking poles, possibly some shoes for work. But it's tempting to cash out in the summer and order that new Zpacks tent..... :)

soumodeler
03-14-2016, 17:26
Actually surprised when I opened my dividend this afternoon: $38. I spent more than I thought I did. I guess I will have to find something to buy.

swisscross
03-14-2016, 17:30
I am getting $2.99 back.
With the 20% off I am buying my daughter a headlamp.

NewHeart
03-14-2016, 18:30
Tell you what you guys can cash out and send it my way! :)

hikeandbike5
03-14-2016, 19:37
anyone buying the limited edition (of 1000) members' only ice axe?

https://www.rei.com/membership/exclusives

chknfngrs
03-14-2016, 19:45
I'm out...

heatherfeather
03-14-2016, 19:49
$780. The first purchase I am making (and using my 20% discount on) is the delorme inreach.

For the past couple years I exclusively used my rei credit card for everything. Both times my dividend has been over $700.

Venchka
03-14-2016, 20:06
$780. The first purchase I am making (and using my 20% discount on) is the delorme inreach.

For the past couple years I exclusively used my rei credit card for everything. Both times my dividend has been over $700.

My friends at work gave me an REI gift card for my retirement last week. I plan to use part of it for an ACR PLB.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

ALLEGHENY
03-14-2016, 20:20
I'm getting a titanium pot. I have always used old school (Open Country) aluminum and have been worried about Alzheimer's. Hope it's not to late.

saltysack
03-14-2016, 20:39
My friends at work gave me an REI gift card for my retirement last week. I plan to use part of it for an ACR PLB.

Wayne

I just rented one from plb rentals.com....$40 for the week....remember the battery is a 5 year battery and cost almost as new unit to replace...kept me from buying one! Already have spot tracker also which irately use.....

Wise Old Owl
03-14-2016, 20:43
I'm getting a titanium pot. I have always used old school (Open Country) aluminum and have been worried about Alzheimer's. Hope it's not to late.

And I hope you are kidding...

Heliotrope
03-14-2016, 21:40
I buy mostly from cottage companies. The thrill is gone from entering the outdoor gear mega store. However they carry the trail runners I love -which inevitably wear out. Perhaps a STS insulated inflatable pad. I have the uninsulated version which works great for milder temps.

Feral Bill
03-14-2016, 22:42
At $17.50? Socks, a beany. or maybe some hammock webbing.

Sarcasm the elf
03-14-2016, 22:54
They sell beer and pizza, right?

Venchka
03-15-2016, 08:47
I just rented one from plb rentals.com....$40 for the week....remember the battery is a 5 year battery and cost almost as new unit to replace...kept me from buying one! Already have spot tracker also which irately use.....

I appreciate the information. I knew about SPOT rental, but did not know about this company.
I have backpacking, bicycle touring and beach cruising trips on my agenda. At $40/week renting would not be economical for me.

Wayne

colorado_rob
03-15-2016, 09:00

https://www.rei.com/membership/exclusivesVery cool looking classic Axe..... but also very heavy (and uber expensive). Get yourself a 70cm BD Raven or Raven pro both less than $100. Some like the additional heft of the Raven, I prefer the Raven pro.

bigcranky
03-15-2016, 09:54
I expect most of those axes will be for display....

Offshore
03-15-2016, 10:52
I wonder if you can use the 20% off coupon on that $500 watch?

Unfortunately, nothing with GPS technology is coupon-able. Same deal with EMS and the rest.

Offshore
03-15-2016, 10:54

Read the coupon T&Cs carefully. Coupon ins't valid on items with GPS technology.

Offshore
03-15-2016, 11:00

Don't worry. The aluminum - Alzheimer's "link" was based on some limited studies in the 1970s and 1980s. In the decades since, they've never been able to be duplicated or confirmed.

Sarcasm the elf
03-15-2016, 11:20
Don't worry. The aluminum - Alzheimer's "link" was based on some limited studies in the 1970s and 1980s. In the decades since, they've never been able to be duplicated or confirmed.

Thanks for the reply, I thought I had read a while back that was the case.

ALLEGHENY
03-15-2016, 11:33
Thanks for the reply, I thought I had read a while back that was the case.

All righty, than I'll just get the Darn Tuff Socks like every other year.

Thanks

saltysack
03-15-2016, 11:37
I appreciate the information. I knew about SPOT rental, but did not know about this company.
I have backpacking, bicycle touring and beach cruising trips on my agenda. At $40/week renting would not be economical for me.

Wayne

I totally understand.....enjoy...I almost bought a used PLB until saw how $$$ battery replacement was....

Studlintsean
03-15-2016, 11:50
I'm gonna pick up a bear vault for the WRR (I know not necessarily needed).

Sarcasm the elf
03-15-2016, 11:57
I'm gonna pick up a bear vault for the WRR (I know not necessarily needed).

I wasn't even going to comment on the bear vault, I'm just jealous that you're doing the WRR!

egilbe
03-15-2016, 15:27
Ursack...talking about bear vaults. I need one for my food since the gf is going to use hers for the HMW

Grandscale
03-15-2016, 15:43
$55 Gonna get a MSR Pocket Rocket.

Captain Bluebird
03-15-2016, 18:34
Looking to pick up some Merrell Ventilators. However, one has to receive the dividend from USPS and that has not happened... yet!

OldTrailDog
03-15-2016, 19:22
combining my dividend and the 20% on Friday for a six pack of Camp 22 nano biners. Although my climbing days are now behind me, I will use them for hammock suspensions, hanging food, attaching junk to packs, and so forth.

Another Kevin
03-15-2016, 20:21

https://www.rei.com/membership/exclusives

It's gorgeous, but I think my Black Diamond Raven Pro is more practical for my hiking style. 407 grams for the 65 cm one. Most people here would want a shorter one. I'm fairly tall, and learnt French technique, both of which make for a longer axe. I just about never am on slopes that would demand as much as piolet panne-pied en canard. If I can't make it piolet ramasse-pied plat, its too steep for me!

And the Black Diamond axe was a quarter the price. That members-only axe would make a really nice presentation gift for someone being honored by a mountaineering club, though!

I'm getting a couple of bucks. I usually need to buy a spare part for something during the year. I find more and more often that for major gear purchases, I want something that REI doesn't carry.

Sarcasm the elf
03-15-2016, 20:31
It's gorgeous, but I think my Black Diamond Raven Pro is more practical for my hiking style. 407 grams for the 65 cm one. Most people here would want a shorter one. I'm fairly tall, and learnt French technique, both of which make for a longer axe. I just about never am on slopes that would demand as much as piolet rampe-pied en canard. If I can't make it piolet ramasse-pied plat, its too steep for me!

And the Black Diamond axe was a quarter the price. That members-only axe would make a really nice presentation gift for someone being honored by a mountaineering club, though!

I'm getting a couple of bucks. I usually need to buy a spare part for something during the year. I find more and more often that for major gear purchases, I want something that REI doesn't carry.

I'll pass, I already have one I like :D

hikehunter
03-15-2016, 20:58
Thanks to the Credit card use all year long I have almost $600. This will be used to outfit my wife with a pack and cook set, with a few odds and ends. She got sold on Darn Tough socks 2 years ago.

dbright
03-15-2016, 21:39
I need to get off the ground. My old bones need to get above ground in a hammock

Smoky Spoon
03-16-2016, 00:37
You got me beat, mine was 362.

I know I want some new trekking poles, possibly some shoes for work. But it's tempting to cash out in the summer and order that new Zpacks tent..... :)

Smoky Spoon
03-16-2016, 00:38
Have one, love it but am using the esbit for my thru hike. Love it too.

$55 Gonna get a MSR Pocket Rocket.

Smoky Spoon
03-16-2016, 00:41
They will have it in the computer for you. Will need your ID.

Looking to pick up some Merrell Ventilators. However, one has to receive the dividend from USPS and that has not happened... yet!

chknfngrs
03-16-2016, 08:03
Yep you can also visit REI.com for it

Offshore
03-16-2016, 08:43

They can look up your dividend and apply the coupon (once the coupon window opens) on the phone or at an REI store based on your member number. Be sure to try on the Ventilators - I found they ran a half size small. Great shoes, though.

Heather1027
03-16-2016, 16:18
Got $110 back and used it at the REI Garage sale over the weekend. Didn't buy alot for hiking since we literally stocked up all year but I did score a $110 yoga mat for $50 at the sale. I have been waiting for months for the 20% off coupon so I could buy the women's black diamond hiking poles but I ended up buying them on sale on Amazon. Of course, the next day my coupon comes in! I'll probably end up buying a Ursack with my coupon.

So ready to hit the trail...I'm literally sitting at my desk at work dying from wanderlust!!

Venchka
03-16-2016, 20:01

Say what? The dividend is computerized, available in stores at checkout and expires in ~ 3 years.
USPS not required.

Wayne

rhjanes
03-16-2016, 23:30
Say what? The dividend is computerized, available in stores at checkout and expires in ~ 3 years.
USPS not required.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.Yep, and you should have also gotten and email with the 20 percent off one full priced item from REI and also for percent off at REI Outlet.

lzeplin
03-16-2016, 23:42
I had 181.37 this past weekend Rei was offering 30% off outlet items. I bought a stratus cloud jacket, merrell trail runners and a steripen!!

Casey & Gina
03-17-2016, 00:19

I was really surprised at how large my dividend was since I purchased nothing at full retail. But, I do use my REI Mastercard and now I have $300 in gear money waiting at REI!!

Thanks for that, I really have nothing left to buy and a big dividend that I didn't realize I would be able to cash out later. The REI Mastercard has been a big part of that, and one of my favorite things about REI - for whatever reason they gave me a credit limit WAY higher than anybody else ever had, which then made everybody else raise my limits, which helped my credit score out a lot. Silly as such things are, I'm hoping to buy some property in the foreseeable future, so that will be a big help when the time comes.

Also remember that REI's website has a much broader selection of items than their store, with free shipping to a nearby store or your address - that's where I've gotten most of the things I want as the in-store selection is not really that great, but there's a lot of higher-end and more specialized items available online. If it doesn't work out, you can return it to any REI store just the same as something purchased in the store.

VITCHELO
03-17-2016, 08:37
Everybody's happy i :banana

smokey mtn hiker
03-17-2016, 09:09
Don't know what to get with the $7.42. Guess I got most everything I need. Maybe some new gadgets.

Marta
03-17-2016, 09:25
Looking at some bike-camping trips this year. We're going to see if REI has panniers we want. The dividend will probably cover that.

squeezebox
03-17-2016, 13:33

I think I might have read that also, but I just can't remember!!

squeezebox
03-17-2016, 13:57
I think you talked me into the Ursack.

displacedbeatnik
03-17-2016, 14:25
Is spent my $10.47 on two bags of Moon Cheese. It was delicious. But I do plan on using the 20% off in the REI Outlet to get a bargain sleeping pad.

Feral Bill
03-17-2016, 23:37
I popped for a couple lengths of webbing for my hammock, and socks for my wife. Had a $20 coupon on top of my dividend, and got a few bucks change.

plodalong
03-18-2016, 13:40
I'm out...
ok now THAT is funny. "I'm out..." the classic line from Kramer on Seinfeld episode "The Contest"....and I'm laughin cuz "I'm out" too!!! SPF rated Columbia longsleeve shirt with sun protection collar...it was NOT on my wish list but years of sun and too little sun block and too little sense has left a little nasty on my neck...so this old pale white dude is bundling up and lathering up....better late than never I guess

Venchka
03-18-2016, 14:36
I totally understand.....enjoy...I almost bought a used PLB until saw how $$$ battery replacement was....

Rats. PLB's are specifically excluded. I'll have to pay list price and use my dividend next year for a Brooks saddle.

Wayne

sbhikes
03-21-2016, 18:29
With $2.25 coming to me, not much is on my wish list.

saltysack
03-21-2016, 20:23
With $2.25 coming to me, not much is on my wish list.

1 clif bar!!! [emoji51]Yuk

CarlZ993
03-21-2016, 22:43

I do the same w/ the credit card. $481 for me. Don't really need anything. But, that hasn't stopped me before. :)