PDA

View Full Version : Parking at NOC?

Sunshine8
03-14-2016, 15:09
Planning a section hike in a few weeks and need to park a car at the NOC. Does anyone know of current parking regulations? Old forums stated that it was okay, but that was in 2011. Just wanted to get an update. Thanks for any info!

la.lindsey
03-14-2016, 15:45
I parked there for a section in November. We popped our head in the store, asked if it was ok, and they told us where to leave the car. I think they also had us leave a note on the dash saying when we'd be back.

I'd give the store a call if you won't be there when they're open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moldy
03-14-2016, 20:00
They told me to park just below the tennis court. It worked fine.

Sunshine8
03-15-2016, 12:58
Perfect!

Thanks for your help y'all!

juniorace
03-17-2016, 17:47
Pull in, drive across the railroad track to the stone house (will be on your left) and check in there. They will give you a tag to put in your vehicle with your expected due date and tell you where to park.

daddytwosticks
03-18-2016, 07:20
Pull in, drive across the railroad track to the stone house (will be on your left) and check in there. They will give you a tag to put in your vehicle with your expected due date and tell you where to park.

I've never heard of this tag business and I've must have ended 8 or 10 hikes at the NOC over the last 10 years. :)

I think this thread goes to show you one thing...when you show up with your car, ASK where to park. Give them an idea about how long you will be parked there and get the name and title of the person who tells you where to park. If special events or during the busy times of year (summer weekends), I'm sure where you park will vary. Have a great hike. :)