PDA

View Full Version : Hiker cemetery near Baxter!

lobster
12-23-2005, 13:45
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I don't think one would be allowed in Baxter State Park, but somebody should buy a piece of property nearby with a view of the Big K and have it solely for those associated with the AT(hikers, supporters, etc.). The gravestones would be cool with all the trail names. Trail pets would also be welcome. Fellow Mainer, Stephen King, would surely think this was a good idea.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

neighbor dave
12-23-2005, 14:18
maybe with an old hikers home next door!! it could have blazed hall ways, 100 mile an hour winds in the breezeway, freeze dried fridays, and lean-tos out back!!! whaddaya think???:jump :jump :jump

the goat
12-23-2005, 14:22
would there be blue blazes running from the home, over to the cemetary?:D

Lugnut
12-23-2005, 16:38
Old hikers never die .... they just smell that way! :p

weary
12-23-2005, 19:42
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I don't think one would be allowed in Baxter State Park, but somebody should buy a piece of property nearby with a view of the Big K and have it solely for those associated with the AT(hikers, supporters, etc.). The gravestones would be cool with all the trail names. Trail pets would also be welcome. Fellow Mainer, Stephen King, would surely think this was a good idea.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
No cemeteries for us Liberals. Just a quiet hall where one can see our slides one last time. Then a couple of buddies, scattering our ashes whereever seems appropriate. I prefer the rocky Katahdin multiple summits; or, secondarily, Bigeow, or the Mahoosucs.

Whatever. I suspect, I won't notice.

Weary

smokymtnsteve
12-23-2005, 19:59
I got me one of them cremations already paid for,,,

if them xians is correct..I wanna head start on my trip to hell...no need to waste anytime.

Moxie00
12-23-2005, 20:18
If you want your ashes spread on Katahdin just shut up and do it. A family who requested it several years ago for a son who died in Baxter was denied. No monuments allowed. That is a heck of an idea to have a hikers cemetary. With one paper company closed, another just hanging on by it's fingernails land is cheap in the Millinocket area, Of course if you have ever spent a winter in Millinocket you know the old hikers in the home will keep very busy just keeping warm enough so their asses dont freeze off.