PDA

View Full Version : Old ems external frame

BubbaGump
03-23-2016, 20:41
Hey y'all, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to post a link to a site to purchase shoulder straps for this frame. All I can really find is harnesses. 3427434275

Kaptainkriz
03-23-2016, 20:47
Try emailing Kelty directly from their website ([email protected]). I emailed them and they were able to send me updated straps for my old pack. Very good people to work with!

Kaptainkriz
03-23-2016, 20:48
Dont ask me what I was thinking....I mis-read EMS as Kelty... :(
Have you tried emailing EMS?

Feral Bill
03-23-2016, 20:50
Dont ask me what I was thinking....I mis-read EMS as Kelty... :(
Have you tried emailing EMS? Kelty straps may well do the trick.

BubbaGump
03-23-2016, 20:55
No I haven't emailed. .I'll just end up keeping it like that doing sections..it doesn't feel too bad, but how will it feel after a few hours is the question. Might use it as a trainer, that way I'll appreciate something nice when I get it..the weight I'm carrying is only like 2 nights, no biggie.

BubbaGump
03-23-2016, 20:58
Only thing bothering me is the absence of chest straps. Those alone can make all the difference to me, it feels so good to use your chest straps after a couple miles not using them.

OCDave
03-23-2016, 21:31
Only thing bothering me is the absence of chest straps. Those alone can make all the difference to me, it feels so good to use your chest straps after a couple miles not using them.

Just add the sternum strap. If you need help, just carry the pack into your local gear shop and tell them what you need.

Good Luck

OCDave
03-23-2016, 21:35
Sorry, perhaps I should have looked closer at your photos. Your frame is nearly identical to my REI Wonderland. I assumed the shoulder straps would be identical as well.

Is there any external webbing sewn to face of your shoulder straps?

BubbaGump
03-23-2016, 22:20
No, just feels like some ole cheep o's that seem uncomfortable, but not that bad when wearing it. Who knows, I'll tell ya how it went. It feels really comfortable though, but that can go away quick when your switchbackin across an appalacha mountain side