PDA

View Full Version : How do I fill my hydration reservoir without removing it from pack??

TheWhiteWalker
04-03-2016, 16:39
Couple weeks ago, I saw a video that allows someone to fill their hydration reservoir (bladder) using the Sawyer Squeeze without removing the bladder from your pack. I believe it was a plastic piece that is inserted into the hose. I tried to find that device or video today so I can purchase it, but I completely forget what it was called.

Does anyone know what the device is or where I can purchase it? Thanks!

TheWhiteWalker
04-03-2016, 17:23
I found it!... Sawyer Fast Fill Hydration Pack Adapter Kit: https://www.rei.com/product/858765/sawyer-fast-fill-hydration-pack-adapter-kit

RayJ
04-03-2016, 17:41
That is it. Now good luk finding a bladder you can afford that holds up.

OCDave
04-03-2016, 19:02
Try this option from Dutchware Gear; http://www.dutchwaregear.com/sawyer-quick-disconnect-adapter-set-two-male-one-female.html

Good Luck

Another Kevin
04-03-2016, 19:54
I don't know about the Squeeze, since I have the Mini, but I find that the teat on the clean end of the Mini is the right diameter to fit in the tubing on my Camelbak reservoir. I just pull off the bite valve and plug the filter into the tube. I suppose that quick-disconnect would let me snap the stuff apart rather than pull out the bite valve. I'd be afraid of leakage around the O-ring, though.

SWODaddy
04-03-2016, 20:07
I don't know about the Squeeze, since I have the Mini, but I find that the teat on the clean end of the Mini is the right diameter to fit in the tubing on my Camelbak reservoir. I just pull off the bite valve and plug the filter into the tube. I suppose that quick-disconnect would let me snap the stuff apart rather than pull out the bite valve. I'd be afraid of leakage around the O-ring, though.

The later is what I do with my mini. I just bought one of the camelback quick disconnect kits from REI to make it work. Super easy.

AlyontheAT2016
04-03-2016, 21:42
I like Source Outdoor. They make a bladder in a split design that prevents your water from just being a balloon inside your pack. They also carry an adaptor that makes it easy to refill with a water bottle, without having to remove the bladder from your pack.