https://domsoutdoor.com/product.asp?pn=1-078308&bhcd2=1135574969

and a book on mississippi trails..

Merry Christmas all!

ws

Cheesewhiz
12-26-2005, 08:40
Lets See I got:

LOTS of trail food (freeze dried meals)
these neat oragami type bowl, cup and dish.
Montrail torre GTX boots
Jacksrbetter "No Sniveler" down quilt
Down booties
waterproof journals
lots of batteries. chapstick, body glide
and a book to read when I start the trail.(searching for the sound, by Phil Lesh, the bassist from the Grateful dead.

Tha Wookie
12-26-2005, 08:56
I got a thick fleece cap, a watch/compass combo (compass isn't really worth navigation, but the watch is great), a space journaling pen (also with a compass on it -very curious contraption), and -a plane ticket ot the Virgin Islands!!!!

dje97001
12-26-2005, 08:56
All of the AT maps and guides!!
Appalachian Impressions (only watched the first disc so far but it is GREAT!)
Winter and Rain Hats
Gift card to EMS
"Sharkies" - organic fruitsnacks?

The best part, my wife and I gave crocs to everyone in both of our immediate families! And many of them thought they looked goofy but none debated us on the comfort!

My computer countdown clock says that we have just over 95 days remaining... yikes!

Stoker53
12-26-2005, 09:12
Great year for me:

Leki titanium poles
Lowa boots
Patagonia R4 jacket
4 pr smart wool socks

Life is good.

neighbor dave
12-26-2005, 10:30
a lump of coal!! i like coal.:jump :banana :welcome :clap

Dances with Mice
12-26-2005, 11:08
I opened it early and used it on my successful thru-hike of the Vegas strip (Stratosphere to Mandalay Bay!) last week:

http://www.noggintops.com/page.cfm?p=112

neo
12-26-2005, 11:13
i got parts for jeep all from rustys of road,i love jeep parts,i got a rustys offroad performance intake system,which includes a K&N air filter and tube bracket and a throttle body apacer.

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=INTPKG01&Category_Code=PER_AIR

also 3/4 inch suspension spacer to add a little more lift to my jeep.

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=TJCS75&Category_Code=sus_tj_par

plus more money to put down on my old town kayak i have on layaway.

http://www.outdoorplay.com/store/Product3.0.asp?DeptID=541&SKU=BRE_OTD120

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/

jigsaw
12-26-2005, 11:20
i hit on a lottery ticket for 500 bucks so im makin a list yeeehaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Mags
12-26-2005, 12:11
No hiker schwag for me. As my youngest brother told me "I have no idea what to get you..don't you use beer cans for your equipment?" :) A bit exaggerated..but not too far off.

What I did get was an awesome Christmas day potluck I hosted. Cooked a ton of food (even though it was a potluck), had my friends over who are as close to me as my family, and enjoyed the night. It is not a holiday for the Magnanti unless we are cooking a lot of food for people we care about! :)

Another friend had some of us over for a Christmas breakfast and a snowshoe later in the morning.

So my Christmas present was the gift of being with people who I care about. Spending time talking, eating and enjoying each other's company. Another year that has gone by where my move to Colorado over six years ago has proven to be the right one for me.

Life ain't too bad...

neo
12-26-2005, 14:26
i got parts for jeep all from rustys of road,i love jeep parts,i got a rustys offroad performance intake system,which includes a K&N air filter and tube bracket and a throttle body apacer.

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=INTPKG01&Category_Code=PER_AIR

also 3/4 inch suspension spacer to add a little more lift to my jeep.

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=TJCS75&Category_Code=sus_tj_par

plus more money to put down on my old town kayak i have on layaway.

http://www.outdoorplay.com/store/Product3.0.asp?DeptID=541&SKU=BRE_OTD120

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/

do jeep parts count lol:cool: neo

Clark Fork
12-26-2005, 14:43
Stunned was the feeling when I opened by Garmin ETrex Vista with Topo map set.

5.3 oz. Altimeter, compass, storage for 500 waypoints and 20 routes, 24 MB detailed map storage. Trip log. Waterproof.

JMT July 25 start....It will be interesting following elevations and checking out the elevation on Mt Whitney....

Seems such a luxury. I never would have bought it for myself...:jump My better half said the same thing about the 15,000 song IPod I gave her. A very electronic Christmas.

Clark Fork in Western Montana.

Topcat
12-26-2005, 16:07
I got a rock......:-(

Wonder
12-26-2005, 17:23
Got 3 pairs of convertable pants.......3 sets of long johns(what do you think? Bergalene or holofiber?) 2 rain hats, 2 Georgia/Tenn. gudiebooks/maps, MP3 with fm(rock on!!)and it runs 45 hours on 1 AA. a fleece hat, long sleeve wicking shirt, a sport bra cami, a DVD on How to use Hiking poles(put out by Leki of course!) and some money for my hike fund. I guess the family didn't communicate too well, but it was really nice to see how supportive everyone is about my hike! I should point out that my boyfirned came up with the MP3 on his own! (love ya babe!) Return day at EMS should be fun!!

Furlough
12-26-2005, 17:36
Happy Holidays to all and may 2006 be a good year with many days on the trail.
For Xmas I was given A pair of LEKI Sport Classic Hiking poles, a new polartec vest, and one of the long sleeve wicking/breathable and SPF40/bug off shirts (roll up sleeves with the button fob to keep sleeves rolled up) .

Chickety
12-26-2005, 18:21
Guidebook for the JMT!!! :banana

Moxie00
12-26-2005, 19:07
A NEW DIGITAL CAMERA. I have no idea how it works. If I can figure it out, and how to send pix I am dieing to send some to Whiteblaze.

little bear
12-26-2005, 22:45
I got:
Big Agnes - Lost Ranger sleeping
North Face- Tadpole 23 tent
socks
down booties
mountain hardware gaiters

I had a great christmas and hope everyone else did to

Happy Hikes
Little Bear

TDale
12-26-2005, 22:50
New cartridge and siltstopper for my MSR sweetwater guardian filter and a pocket bucket so I no longer have to squat by the creek to filter water. Orikaso bowls, sealsinz gloves and a bunch of little stuff I needed.

Unfortunately, I found the best thing too late to tell anyone to buy it for me. I scored a Golite Wisp windshirt for $28 a few days before the day. 3 oz to replace a 24 oz jacket. Luckily I can wear the color "Kiwi".

drsukie
12-26-2005, 22:57
I got (Thx, Santa :p ) a Eureka Spitfire tent, a large ultralight pack towel, the 2006 AT Thru-Hiker's Companion ( not here, yet ), and an REI Gift Certificate. The latter was spent on a 4L platypus carryall waterbag, a u-dig-it trowel, a space blanket, and a non-trail Life Is Good long-sleeve T!

Yay! :sun Sue

Happy Holidays, everyone...

Krewzer
12-26-2005, 23:31
...got a backpacker moose christmas ornament for next year's tree.

RedneckRye
12-27-2005, 00:43
No hiking gear yesterday, but I got an original vinyl pressing of "Kick Out The Jams", the MC5's first album. Elektra pulled it almost immediately after it's release in 1969 because some stores had a problem with an obscenity contained in the opening introduction of the band on the album. Some things never change, "We must protect the children!!".

PKH
12-27-2005, 06:05
Tilley LT5 winter hat

Cheers,

PKH

Newb
12-27-2005, 09:11
HTO gift certificate...but I couldn't use it because NO HTO in the DC area has any silkweight capilene size large in stock. none. I'm depressed and quite frankly despondent.

However, I did go hike the AT on Saturday in the Chester Gap area. It was warm enough that I got a mild sunburn.

Oh, I got a tie for Christmas, too.

Big Dawg
12-27-2005, 14:52
HH
Osprey Atmos 50
silnylon to make hex fly
Vasque trail runners
AT Guidebook/Maps,for my next section
ATC calendar
AT ornament
Mapdana
AT magnets

hmmmmm, I think that's it!!

PartnerShip
12-28-2005, 12:10
I got a Martin Backpacker Guitar (Pic on our Trail Journal, Stillness & Debbie)
Not sure that I will carry it with me but Debbie wanted to get me a guitar and thought this was appropriate and was fascinated that one existed.
4 more days of work and off into the world of prearing for our hike
Happy Holidays!

Kerosene
12-28-2005, 13:31
Just a 2006 ATC Calendar this year. I've got pretty much everything that I really need to backpack anyway.

I was hoping to give my 15-year old daughter something that she'd use for her first backpacking trip next summer, but I decided that she really wouldn't appreciate this stuff as a gift quite yet!

johnny quest
12-28-2005, 13:46
get this. my wife...who aint fond of me hiking the at in 2008 anyway, got me a playstation. a playstation. a frigging playstation. i was dumbfounded. my son said she wants to keep me at home.

QHShowoman
12-28-2005, 14:45
I didn't really ask for much in the way of hiking gear, because I work at an outfitters and get a good discount. But, a friend of mine just got a job working for the ATC and he was kind enough to give me a whole bunch of stuff with their discontinued logo on it .... and I got "White Blaze Fever" and Lion King's video (well, amazon didnt deliver on time, but they are on their way). And a 20 inch Santa doll. Just what I needed.

My christmas present to myself was a Henry Shire's Cloudburst tarptent.

Seeker
12-28-2005, 15:13
My brother got me a Nesco American Harvest food dehydrator. Wife got me a JRB underquilt/Weathershield set. Boss decided to send me on a 4-day long TDY trip to the Caribbean next month... overall, a good christmas.

timhines
12-28-2005, 17:56
Some Asolo Gore Tex boots.

bigmac_in
12-29-2005, 10:49
My wonderful daughter just gave me a late Christmas Gift - A Pocket Rocket stove - YIIIIIIPPPEEEEEEEE!

Alligator
12-29-2005, 11:06
GG Vapor Trail
Small pack cover
Gear loft for my winter tent
Combo gloves, mitts
anejo tequila
brewpot

Oops, the brewpot isn't for hiking.

Kerosene
12-29-2005, 11:36
Hard to believe that the tequila will last until the next time you get out, Alligator!

Alligator
12-29-2005, 11:47
Hard to believe that the tequila will last until the next time you get out, Alligator!
Fortunately one of my other brothers gave me a sampler of Samual Smith beers. That ought to get me through New Years. I am expecting to hike on or before MLK weekend, so the tequila should make it 'til then:D .

Blister
12-29-2005, 14:33
Similar to Mags, I was fortunate enough to spend christmas with one of my best friends from the trail - Thanks Jester and Jesters Mom who rocks. After dinner we made or usual prank calls to those we love! Talked to some that I havn't heard from in a long time including Madd Hatter AT 00! SOme others Riff and Raff, Red Neck Rye, Pooh, Mountain dew, Chomp, Two step (from this year), Peregrine Rick aka Jester from AT 03, have also talked since to Bag o Trix, Funkee Monkee, tried to get in touch with Miss Janet and many more. I have been very blessed this year in the way of friendships. I met many new folks and stregthend exsisting bonds. For this I am thankful and no material object could match. I did however get 4 great books from jester about humerous womans travel stories and a REI gift card from his mom. To the rest of ya'll out there - Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!!

dperry
12-29-2005, 19:12
$300 gift certificate to REI. :clap
Small LED flashlight.
Various stocking stuffers (trail mix, handi-wipes, small rolls of TP, etc.)

Also talked my father into giving me his old down bag (probably heavy as heck but for the low low price of free it's worth a try) and a used pair of small binoculars. Couldn't pry the camp stove loose, though. :(

littlelaurel59
12-29-2005, 22:24
a lump of coal!! i like coal.:jump :banana :welcome :clap

Considering the price of gas, coal might be good!

I got one of those storm/windproof lighters (the thing is a blowtorrch!) and Back Roads Explorer topo maps. The whole family got Frogg Toggs (from Papa Santa) for a trip to New Zealand next August (their winter).

little_daddy979
12-30-2005, 11:00
Materials to sew:
11oz silk hammock
7.5x10 silnylon tarp
8' primaloft hammock sleeping bag
6oz, 3000ci pack (dubbed Luigi Pack)

Also got
fleece gloves
Snackmaster Dehydrator
Terramar Thermasilk tops, bottom, glove liners, balaclava (SP?)
The Far Side Mating Rituals Wall Calendar :banana
1.75 liters of Gallo Snake Bite Medicine for NYE on Springer :jump

Best Christmas Ever

peter_pan
12-30-2005, 18:02
Smartwool micro long sleeve shirt...tired of reducing weight... working on reducing funk...:D

Montbell wind pants 2.4 oz...still cutting weight...:D

Nice 15 year old Single Malt from Smee....great hiking and buiness partner...;)

Pan

Hobart
12-30-2005, 22:06
Jetboil PCS
Mountainsmith Phantom
3 pak towels

april2006
12-30-2005, 23:25
4 L Dromedary bag with shower attachment
Nalgene bottle
Mapdannas
GSI Outdoors Lexan Fairshare Mug

Plus my Mom and Dad got me 3 new tires and a muffler for my poor old car
YEAH!!! :clap :clap :clap (They were desperately needed)