PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for a good thing or disaster for the taste buds?

Different Socks
04-07-2016, 00:45
Sorry for posting this here, but I figure I'll hit a higher "hit" score, and more possible answers by putting it here.

Here's a question on food and let's have fun for suggestions b/c I am open for anything: I like to make scratch pasta dinners--just pasta, a dried meat, dried veggies and oil with spices. Experimentation can be a good thing, soooooo if you had these spices and/or ingredients, how would you combine them regardless of the meat?

poppy seeds
rosemary
ginger
pumpkin powder
cloves
curry
cumin
garlic
sage
dill weed
red peppers flakes
assorted nuts
parsley
celery flakes
thyme

Willing to be the guinea pig, so try me out! My next long hike is next year, the entire Ice Age Trail followed by the Superior Hiking Trail. Making the meals now, so give me some ideas og the spices you would combine. Thanks!

rocketsocks
04-07-2016, 01:08
Pitch the
dill
clover
ginger
thyme
sage
rosemary

throw everything else in a pot with a little water and make a mole. Goes great over chicken.

Different Socks
04-07-2016, 01:18
Pitch the
dill
clover
ginger
thyme
sage
rosemary

throw everything else in a pot with a little water and make a mole. Goes great over chicken.

Thanks! I'll put that one together tomorrow. Any other combinations?

Acacia
04-07-2016, 01:42
ginger
garlic
scallions or onions
all the above, freeze dried is better than powder
all good with your dried chicken, potatoes and cabbage. These are ingredients for Tinola or Congee

rocketsocks
04-07-2016, 05:33
Thanks! I'll put that one together tomorrow. Any other combinations?
well, when I see cumin I think chili...Sage, I think cornbread stuffing, and when I see garlic and ginger, hot pepper flakes, peanuts the wok's comin' out for stir fried veggies.