PDA

View Full Version : Sub hiking buddy starting around GA/NC border

RumpusParable
04-09-2016, 01:26
May sound odd, but I'd like to do a bit - long time or short-term - hiking with a buddy who is sub-oriented just cuz those personalities tend to clique with me.

I'm not very fast but I also take no breaks during the day and am planning on doing long days once back on the Trail in the next few days. It'd likely, especially if male, be hike together a bit and then I'd fall behind and we'd meet back up to hang during dinner at the end of the day.

Nerdy/geeky or alt sub person would probably fit for friendly easy chats during the day and evening. Very socially liberal, too.

I'm not a have to stick by the hips kind as said above. I expect paces to spread us out but it'd be nice to see a face I know and knows me. I was part of a Trail Family that dispersed and injury has made me weeks behind so making new friends along the Trail when I get back. Trying to start that process early here lol!

Learn about me here: http://wanderings.world. Am kinda dorky.

Miel
04-09-2016, 07:29
What is a sub-oriented hiker? A hiker who digs cold weather, or a submissive person? If the latter, I suggest you look for or start a group on fetlife.com.

Sandy of PA
04-09-2016, 08:23
Someone that likes to talk about submarines?

RumpusParable
04-09-2016, 09:44
Haha. Am on Fet but the groups for hikers, especially long-distance and AT, are too tiny and inactive and then there's the baggy of the many males who think female contact on there = get sex... Finding a male or female for time together but not looking to be barrage by males who are thinking it's an (I can't politely mention the most common ones here, but if you know Fet & similar I'm sure you can guess top 3) ad to do certain things to them while out on the Trail. Odds of getting contact from real hiker AND not that, combined.... Yeahhhh, lol.

Since I am hoping for someone of either sex that may lean that way as part of an over-all personality, but not a requirement, I figured someone here (hopefully) understanding that i said "hiking buddy" and not "hookup" to have much better odds. That said, I know from being a mostly-reader here so long that the odds are much higher to just get random abuse about nearly anything in my post, so there's a risk either place... But again at least here we're focused on a hiking board.

shelb
04-10-2016, 00:01
so confused!!!

Feral Bill
04-10-2016, 01:08
You are writing in a dialect most of us do not understand. Not even a little bit.

Traveler
04-10-2016, 05:24
Probably a personal ad in the NY Times would work best for this kind of romp.

Don H
04-10-2016, 13:13
You are writing in a dialect most of us do not understand. Not even a little bit.

I Googled it and still don't know what the OP is talking about. Maybe it's better I don't know ;)

egilbe
04-10-2016, 13:20
Are you looking for a furry? Sit a few weeks and most hikers get furry, male and female.

Miel
04-10-2016, 22:00
Are you looking for a furry? Sit a few weeks and most hikers get furry, male and female.

She's looking for a submissive hiking partner. Submissive as in bdsm. Some furries are submissives ("subs"), some are not. Some are into the bdsm scene, some are not.

Gut feeling? She does not want to dominate her hiking partner on the trail, but wants a hiking friend who speaks this language. It's like I would want a hiking partner who knows books and films and liberal politics. A hippie, outdoorsy intellectual. She wants someone who understands her geist. For example, I would never hike with a hunter, my hiking buddy and I would share that kind of same geist.

So, nothing to do with sub-zero hiking.

Traveler - I don't think so. First, she'd get a lot of trolls. Second, it sounds like she wants someone sympatico to her lifestyle, not a hiker/lover/companion for her next trip. However, I am sure stranger things have happened than meeting your life's partner on the AT. I met mine snorkeling, when I wanted to look at coral and turtles, not looking for a guy on that outing.

Miel
04-10-2016, 22:15

It's a language in its own right. Just like, say, DJs and sound engineers have their own dialects. Or hikers.