PDA

View Full Version : ZPacks Challenger Rain Mittens and Possum Down Gloves for March AT Departure

dbp05ret
04-10-2016, 12:59
I was looking at buying ZPacks Challenger Rain Mittens and Possum Down Gloves for a March 2017 North Bound AT departure. Any thoughts on this gear or something else I should be considering?

Odd Man Out
04-10-2016, 13:29
I got the possum down gloves for Christmas and have used them all winter, but not for hiking. They are very soft. They are thin and snug fitting. I wish the cuff were a bit longer. They don't come very far down the wrist. I like the trim fit. I can get things out of my pants pockets while wearing the gloves. But for extended use in wet or windy or very cold I would think liners would be necessary. I've seen some on line reviews that complained about poor durability, but I have not used them enough to comment on that yet.

MuddyWaters
04-10-2016, 13:47
I dont think the possum down gloves are that great. There are several of these you can order from austrailia/new zealand, zpacks just saves you the inflated shipping cost so you get them at good price. I prefer me cheap thin fleece gloves personally.

I loves my cuben rain mitts. Perfect imo, not indestructible though.

sethd513
04-10-2016, 20:15
I wanted Cuban or event rain mits and couldn't justify the cost this time. I picked up some northface over mits. They are hyvent and cheap. Haven't tried them yet. Can't go wrong with Cuban if you wanna stay dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevep311
04-13-2016, 12:09
I was looking at buying ZPacks Challenger Rain Mittens and Possum Down Gloves for a March 2017 North Bound AT departure. Any thoughts on this gear or something else I should be considering?

I just used my possum down gloves in the Smokies when it was windy and morning temps were as low as 27. They were fantastic!!