PDA

View Full Version : searching for something I posted a while ago

SueJhiker
04-11-2016, 18:29
How do I find the thread that I posted about half year ago? This is really not the most user friendly website, that's why I don't get on here much, but I really would like to

Hikes in Rain
04-11-2016, 18:39
Look up in the upper right hand corner; look for your user name. Click on that. Then, over in the upper left hand corner, look for "find latest posts". Start scrolling down. Sooner or later you'll find it. There's probably a better way; I'll follow this thread to discover how.

SkeeterPee
04-11-2016, 18:40
Click on your name left of your post. Then click view Profile. Then click view latest posts. All 13 are listed.

mattjv89
04-11-2016, 19:04
Generally the fastest way to search for something you know the name of is use Google and include the phrase site:whiteblaze.net at the end of your search term. The "site:" command is generic and works for every website. Though I agree that in your case looking back through 13 posts is probably easiest.

Wise Old Owl
04-11-2016, 19:50
Once you have tried the above and failed re-write the post as best as you can remember into bing and see if that helps.

attroll
04-11-2016, 20:27
Go to Advance Search or go here http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?search_type=1
Scroll down until you find User Name: and then type in your user name. Then to the right of the user name block click on the drop down box and pick "Find threads started by User". The put a check mark in Exact name. Then click SEARCH NOW.

This will pull up all the threads that that user started.

SueJhiker
04-17-2016, 02:31
oh my gosh, thank you. It worked, but it really shouldn't be that hidden. I appreciate your help.

No Directions
04-17-2016, 07:41
I found all of your posts in 2 clicks. Clicked on your name in your post then a drop down box opened. Then selected "view forum posts".