PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Section Hiker Late Summer 2016

dcandel823
04-15-2016, 13:17
I am planning a section hike from Harpers Ferry, WVA to New Jersey (approx. 30 days) either late August or early September. I am 68 years of age and would prefer someone near that age. Two years ago I hiked with my nephew (mid-30s) and sustained a stress fracture at 60 miles; it seemed I ran, rather than hiked, most of the 60 miles. Last year, I did 102 miles alone without injuries but I hiked at my own pace. Last year, I did hike with a nice group of hikers (most in their 50s) from Pennsylvania for 2 days and their pace was perfect. I do not mind hiking alone but the boss at home would like me to find a fellow hiker to ease her worries; I told her I would try. Trying to convince her that crime on the AT is rare does not help. Thanks for any advice.

Secondmouse
04-18-2016, 15:36
I am planning a section hike from Harpers Ferry, WVA to New Jersey (approx. 30 days) either late August or early September. I am 68 years of age and would prefer someone near that age. Two years ago I hiked with my nephew (mid-30s) and sustained a stress fracture at 60 miles; it seemed I ran, rather than hiked, most of the 60 miles. Last year, I did 102 miles alone without injuries but I hiked at my own pace. Last year, I did hike with a nice group of hikers (most in their 50s) from Pennsylvania for 2 days and their pace was perfect. I do not mind hiking alone but the boss at home would like me to find a fellow hiker to ease her worries; I told her I would try. Trying to convince her that crime on the AT is rare does not help. Thanks for any advice.

I'll be ready to section that area around that time and I'm around your age. do you have any more plans developed than other than above?