PDA

View Full Version : cots

squeezebox
04-17-2016, 11:39
I'm kinda thinking about a cot instead of an air mattress for a bicycle trip. Any suggestions?

saltysack
04-17-2016, 12:42
What bike trip you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nsherry61
04-17-2016, 12:45
You still need insulation on a cot, although, a foam pad is adequate instead of an inflatable if that is what you want to do. A cot will be heavier than sleeping on the ground if that is important to you.

Have fun.

Bronk
04-17-2016, 14:25
I just bought a cheap army type cot at Walmart for car and canoe camping...getting too old to sleep on the ground...the pressure points seem to be at my hip and shoulder...I wake up and have to turn onto the other side constantly all night and I feel like I can never get any sleep...and it will also double as a lawnchair if I fold it and lean half up against a tree. Still haven't solved the issue for backpacking trips.

Tuckahoe
04-17-2016, 16:40
http://www.cascadedesigns.com/therm-a-rest/cots/luxurylite-cots/category

Therm-a-rest cots

Flummox
04-17-2016, 20:53
Wow was excited for a second. Thought us old guys had our own thread. COTs oh something to do with bedding . All kinds COTs . Too funny.

invizable
04-18-2016, 00:55
You still need insulation on a cot, although, a foam pad is adequate instead of an inflatable if that is what you want to do. A cot will be heavier than sleeping on the ground if that is important to you.

Have fun.
Exactly,
As a side sleeper, I don't find a cot any more forgiving than an air mattress, but at least I can adjust the firmness of the air mattress.
Just curious, have you tried hammocks?

DuneElliot
04-18-2016, 09:42
Exactly,
As a side sleeper, I don't find a cot any more forgiving than an air mattress, but at least I can adjust the firmness of the air mattress.
Just curious, have you tried hammocks?

I find my cot (for car camping) to be much more comfortable, but then again I throw my cowboy bedroll on top of it and that has a memory foam mattress topper under it. My air mattress is great for the back of my SUV, but for some reason I don't like it when camping. I have the X-Large Slumber Jack cot, but that's too heavy for anything but car camping!

Greenlight
04-18-2016, 15:14
Hennessy Expedition Asym hammock. It is like being cradled in your mama's arms and being rocked to sleep.

~Greenlight

I just bought a cheap army type cot at Walmart for car and canoe camping...getting too old to sleep on the ground...the pressure points seem to be at my hip and shoulder...I wake up and have to turn onto the other side constantly all night and I feel like I can never get any sleep...and it will also double as a lawnchair if I fold it and lean half up against a tree. Still haven't solved the issue for backpacking trips.