PDA

View Full Version : new website

The Solemates
12-27-2005, 13:32
http://www.tellitonthemountain.com

dont know if others have seen this, but the videos, etc. are great.

Sly
12-27-2005, 14:49
Good site, but I'm not sure if you'll ever see Ray Jardine at the kick-off. The video took forever to load but it was well worth it.

Jeff
12-27-2005, 16:46
Is there just one video working on their website??? Wasn't sure if the "episodes" are supposed to be video content.

Sly
12-27-2005, 17:18
Only one video I saw. I think the "episodes" were upcoming.

Sly
12-27-2005, 17:22
Kind of funny. The "episodes" tell of a PCT thru-hike yet I don't believe either has thru-hiked the entire trail. Wishfull thinking and lots of researching?

tellitonthemtn.com
01-03-2006, 03:39
"The Solemates", thanks for telling folks about our site.

Hello all, a friend of mine said they saw a link here on WhiteBlaze and I'd thought I'd stop by.

Our documentary series is currently in pre-production.

Read: We are currently seeking corporate sponsorship to cover the costs of production. If you have any friends in marketing at Suburu, Mountain Hardware, EMS, REI, etc... we would love to hear from you.

The "episodes" are a general guide to what we think will be the overall theme within those shows. As you all know, it's hard to know exactly what the experience of thru-hiking will be like year to year due to weather, natural disaster, etc... So, at this time we are giving our best educated guess on our storyline.

Our plan is to choose 15-20 thru hikers to give small, very lightweight video cameras to. We will give them enough training to shoot video journals and capture acts of trail magic, moments of unquenchable hunger and majestic views on tape.

We will also have our own crew traveling the trail with high definition video camera in tow capturing this incredible journey.

We plan to produce 8-10 episodes to be aired on a basic cable network such as PBS, National Geographic, OLN or Discovery.

Thanks again for the link and the interest.

Shaun Carrigan
www.tellitonthemountain.com

Sly
01-03-2006, 09:42
Sounds cool. If I can come up with a sponsor for myself, I'll volunteer to carry a camera! ;)

Bob from Trailcast Podcast gave you large props after his Squeaky interview...

Big Oz
01-03-2006, 17:01
I was searching dogpile.com and found appalachiantrailservices.com
and saw they have trail maps,keep journolds free,hiker chatroom
and much more.A really nice site.

tellitonthemtn.com
01-03-2006, 18:32
Thanks for the heads up Sly, just listened to it...

I owe Robert a thanks and an email.