PDA

View Full Version : Walkin' with the Ghost Whisperers

Speer Carrier
12-27-2005, 14:36
I recently bought "Model-T''s new book. I've read about half of it so far. I'd recommend it highly. In the book, the author goes into a little bit of detail about people, places and things that he encountered on his thru hikes. As an example, he gives some background and history on Woody Gap, and the man for whom it is named, Arthur Woody.

I bought the book directly from J.R. Tate, but I assume it is available on Amazon, etc.

neo
12-27-2005, 15:03
i bought model t's 1st book at trail days 2002,i love that book,i am gonna get his secound book soon:cool: neo

rhjanes
12-27-2005, 18:04
looking forward to getting mine! Wife bought it for me, in hardback. But they are delayed for a bit by the publisher. Such is life...

Lilred
12-28-2005, 12:53
Mine's delayed too. Gee, hope hubbie got me the hardback version. Model T?? send me the hardback version.....LOL

Rain Man
12-28-2005, 16:24
Mine's delayed too. Gee, hope hubbie got me the hardback version. Model T?? send me the hardback version.....LOL

Same here.... my mother ordered the book for me for Christmas (which for us is this coming weekend when we get together), but Model-T just emailed her that it had been delayed a bit. Good news is that he told her he'd just mail it directly to me!

Right now I'm reading "Walking North" by Mic Lowther, which my oldest daughter gave me for Christmas. I like it. Not just a rendition of miles per day and shelters stayed in and weather.

Rain:sunMan

Furlough
12-28-2005, 17:14
I read the first book last week. Just ordered Ghosts, it'll be a good read during my commute to and from D.C.

Lilred
12-29-2005, 14:05
WOOHOOO!! Just got my copy of Ghost Whisperers yesterday and I'm halfway through it already. Great Book, very well done. You pass by some of these places on the AT and don't have a clue what happened. I've caught myself saying, 'if only those tombstones (or whatever) could talk." And now, thanks to Model-T, they are talkin....

Thanks Model-T :clap :clap :clap

rhjanes
12-29-2005, 14:50
did you get paper-back or hardcover? His note to us said the paperbacks were shipping and the hardcovers were held up at the publisher....

Lilred
12-29-2005, 14:57
did you get paper-back or hardcover? His note to us said the paperbacks were shipping and the hardcovers were held up at the publisher....

Got the hardcover.

rhjanes
12-29-2005, 16:49
Got the hardcover.

GREAT!!! means they are shipping out!!! woohooo :clap

Rain Man
12-31-2005, 12:14
WOOHOOO!! Just got my copy of Ghost Whisperers yesterday and I'm halfway through it already. Great Book, very well done. You pass by some of these places on the AT and don't have a clue what happened. I've caught myself saying, 'if only those tombstones (or whatever) could talk." And now, thanks to Model-T, they are talkin....

Mary,

Same here! After getting an email from my mother this week that this gift might be delayed, it arrived in my mailbox that very day. I've been up the last two nights here in SC at my mother's, reading away. Almost to the end. If Model-T writes another book, I'll be on the waiting list again!

Am really enjoying reading about the places I've passed or will be getting to someday. Surely is nice to actually know something about the history of the places and people now.

Now.... HAPPY NEW YEAR'S to everyone!!!

Lilred
12-31-2005, 14:06
I'm almost finished with mine. Would've finished it last night if sleep hadn't gotten in the way...... I'll post a complete review later. Right now, I can say that it has definately kept my attention. You can tell a lot of time has gone into research on this book and the details are fascinating.

rhjanes
12-31-2005, 21:34
boo-hoo....sob sob (story). got the package on thursday...

EMPTY. taped shut by the PO with take saying "Contents arrived empty"

Model-t is sending out a replacement.......

lobster
01-01-2006, 13:13
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"> One of the postal workers must have been an AT hiker!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
One

Rain Man
01-01-2006, 22:26
I'm almost finished with mine. Would've finished it last night if sleep hadn't gotten in the way...... I'll post a complete review later. ...

I stayed up late two nights to finish it. My review?-- I'll read it a second time, and more. And if he writes another hiking book, I'll buy it too.

Lilred
01-02-2006, 12:37
I stayed up late two nights to finish it. My review?-- I'll read it a second time, and more. And if he writes another hiking book, I'll buy it too.

Ya, gotta agree with you there. This was one great book. Anyone who loves the AT will love this book. It's not so much about hiking, although there are snippets of his hikes in there. It's more about the history surrounding the places that the AT travels through. I love history, and I love hiking, so naturally it goes to follow that I loved this book. Model-T has a writing style that I thoroughly enjoy. I've read "Walking on the Happy Side of Misery" three times now. I imagine I'll reread this one as many times too. It's a good read, for me, when I read the last line of a book, smile, and am sad that the read is over. Reading the last line of this book put a smile on my face for sure.

Thanks Model-T