PDA

View Full Version : Bear in the Back Seat

Mountain Dog
04-23-2016, 10:21
I heard about this book at a recent meeting. Worth buying?

MuddyWaters
04-23-2016, 10:42
There are several books by carolyn jourdan. Bear in back seat 1 and 2, and bear bloopers. Short true stories told by gsmnp backcountry rangers.

There is a free sample of all three on amazon you can read part and decide for yourself. I have all 3

Hidden in the stories is what the rangers and UT researchers go thru to manage and protect the parks bears, as well as the stupid things tourons and poachers do.

Fwiw it was a wall st journal best seller.

TNhiker
04-23-2016, 13:30
If you can get them in a library or second hand---that's the way to do it...

i read ear both of deloziers books within 2 days a piece...

if want---I often see copies of it show up at an used book store I frequent in knoxville.....I could pick it up for ya...

Mountain Dog
04-23-2016, 14:46
E Bay has used books really cheap so I might buy one there. I normally like outdoor books. Just wondering what y'all thought of your read. I find real people seem to match my likes/dislikes better than professional ratings.

Farr Away
04-25-2016, 15:55
Laugh out loud funny in places, and a good read. I think I got it as a freebie Kindle book.

-FA

Pringles
04-25-2016, 21:40
Like Farr Away, I think I got it as a free Kindle book, too.

Mountain Dog
04-26-2016, 16:21
Thanks Farr Away. I'm not trying to determine where to buy it. I'm just wondering if anyone liked the book. Looks like you enjoyed it. Yhanks.

Mountain Dog
04-29-2016, 09:38
Bump to stay visible in this review forum

rmitchell
04-29-2016, 21:36
Quick read. Lot of funny wildlife stories.

Interesting insights into bear behavior.

My take away is that you have encountered a bear, you have encountered A bear. Each is an individual and has its own unique personality and tendency.