PDA

View Full Version : Stop That Sleeping Pad From Sliding

kenl
04-27-2016, 09:53
Just wanted to relay a positive experience I had involving silicone sealant and my sleeping pad. I have an Exped Hyperlite. Very comfortable pad and great R value. However, it's a bit noisy and suffers from what nearly all pads encounter on the trail, slippage between the pad and tent floor when you're on anything other than a completely flat surface. And how many of those do you find?

I applied dabs of silicone sealant to the bottom of the pad when I was doing an overnight in Franklin, NC. Dried overnight, no problem. Back out on the trail, the pad didn't move at all across the bottom of the tent. And, since this movement was stopped, the amount of noise being generated overall by the pad was reduced as well. An easy fix was great results. And virtually all outfitters will carry some form of silicone sealant.

Safe hiking!

Diamondlil
04-28-2016, 08:38
Thanks, I needed this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saltysack
04-28-2016, 21:43
Yep...I had rob at outdoor 76 in Franklin seam seal my new solong6 a few years ago so I could pick it up and hit the trail. He did strips across the tent floor....works like a charm with my neoair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk