PDA

View Full Version : GAME - Help the QM figure out what tent these poles belong to :-)

Roger.hayslip
05-04-2016, 09:50
I think these is my first post here! I'm a long time hiker/backpacker/camper and I have a puzzle I'm trying to solve.

I help run a local Scout Troop in my area - I do a lot of different things for my troop and district. One of the things I do a couple times a year is to go through our equipment and make sure the boys serving as QM are doing a good job keeping things serviceable.

A couple months ago I spotted one of our tents with a set of poles that are clearly not the poles for that tent - nor any tent from our supply! So, someone returned one our tents with tent poles from a tent that probably belongs to one of our families.

Now you'd think that whoever these poles belong to would want them back so they can use their tent. And we've pushed this around our troop several times. But it's still a mystery... lol

So here's the game - I've got a picture of the pole and stake bags and another pic of the poles laid out flat. The poles are DAC Featherlite. One silver pole with two clear hubs joining orange poles. The hubs don't seem to move.

Take a guess at the make & model of the tent - if you get it right AND I find the owner of these poles, I'll send you a prize out of the prize bag I keep for the boys (could be a pocket knife, could be a whistle, you never know).

Pics attached. Thanks for playing.

mattjv89
05-04-2016, 13:40
Looking at the color scheme my first thought is Big Agnes. As for the model all I could say is it's definitely not a current Fly Creek or Copper Spur.

mattack
05-04-2016, 14:04
Those look very much like my REI Half Dome tent's poles!

mattack
05-04-2016, 14:07
Ugh, sorry. I meant Quarter Dome. Specifically, I have a Quarter Dome 2+.

Ashepabst
05-04-2016, 17:52
agreed. it's the Quarter Dome, I'm pretty sure.

Roger.hayslip
05-04-2016, 19:05
BINGO. I agree. REI Quarter Dome T2. You guys are awesome. Ain't the interwebs a great place. Never would have come up with that on my own.

If I find the owner, I'll come back to this post and pm you.