PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve on Springer!

gr8fulyankee
12-29-2005, 18:50
I was wondering if anyone would be spending NYE on Springer this year. I heard it was a little tradition and thought that I would check it out.
Bueller...Bueller...Bueller?

Hammock Hanger
12-29-2005, 19:05
I was wondering if anyone would be spending NYE on Springer this year. I heard it was a little tradition and thought that I would check it out.
Bueller...Bueller...Bueller?

There is usually a small party of sorts up there on NYE. Some years bigger then others. We went back in 2001/2002. It was cold and my husband was sick so we had to leave early. Which was too bad as there was a nice group there that year.

Lone Wolf
12-29-2005, 19:25
Last year there were 40 folks more or less spread all over Springer.

drsukie
12-29-2005, 22:36
Anyone heading up, please come by the Hike Inn on your way and stop in! There will also be 40 of us there, plus staff, ringing in the New Year!:clap

Yahoo! Sue

Newb
12-29-2005, 22:57
I think J.D. will be there! Look for a 73 year old dude with a mutt named SkyDog. Tell him Jeff says hello. Then shed a tear for me not being there.

Skidsteer
12-29-2005, 23:05
Generoll mentioned plans to attend this year. On the other hand, it was in the prostitution thread, so I can't vouch for his veracity because nothing in that thread was remotely serious! Seriously, if he shows, he's a stand-up guy.

gr8fulyankee
12-29-2005, 23:30
Well What I was thinking.... is that I was going to go and try this type of grandious type breakfeast for the morning after and I was trying to get an Idea of how many people would be on the top! I am trying to plan this because I plan on leaving my car at springer with supplies and hiking back to High tower Friday night and hiking thru saturday back to Springer and then bringing supplies, likes eggs and pancake batter and REAL VERMONT syrup up for the morning to kind of welcome in the new Year! Well If anybody ask bacon also. So if you plan on being up on Springer for NYE please speak out, else wise I will try to plan on about 30 people worth of food. Oh **** I almost forgot Biscuits....and butter.........................

gr8fulyankee
12-29-2005, 23:32
Damn it I siad S*h*i*t!

generoll
12-30-2005, 00:12
Well, my wife says she's going so subject to last minute changes we plan on spending the night on Springer. Thanks for the kind words, Skidster. I'm assuming the live entertainment's off, but I'm hoping to ring in the New Year atop Springer. Not sure which time zone I'll celebrate, might be the mid atlantic one if it's cold and i have to drink the champagne by myself but it'll be one of em.

12-30-2005, 02:05
We will be there. I have heard of at least 5 others.

gr8fulyankee
12-30-2005, 02:33
He Profile I tried to call you earliesr tonight ! I mussssssst have misssssssed you.

Youngblood
12-30-2005, 10:57
I'll be there.

peanuts
12-30-2005, 14:17
I just signed on to this list, and I will be there...

12-30-2005, 14:22
He Profile I tried to call you earliesr tonight ! I mussssssst have misssssssed you.

Call back. Maybe I will answer:-?

12-30-2005, 14:24
When will most be showing up?

Jaybird
12-30-2005, 14:50
WOW!

IS all of GEORGIA's hiker trash coming out for the SPRINGER SOIREE?
(joke, of course!)

GOnna miss it again this year...will be hiking a short day-hike on NEW YEARS DAY!:D

TDale
12-30-2005, 16:30
" IS all of GEORGIA's hiker trash coming out for the SPRINGER SOIREE?
(joke, of course!)

GOnna miss it again this year."

Answered your own question, didn't you? :D

Almost There
12-30-2005, 17:07
Almost There and Wife will be up there! Just decided this afternoon assuming we can get someone to let out our dogs while we're gone. Looking forward to seeing some of you, and looking forward to seeing you again Gene! When are people planning on getting up there?

Almost There
12-30-2005, 17:08
BTW Skidsteer, you gonna be up there?

generoll
12-30-2005, 17:58
I'm aiming for 3pm at the parking lot. That oughta give me time to get up there and set up my tent and scrounge for firewood. Probably a fools errand as heavily used as Springer is. I'll look forward to seeing you as well, AT. Not sure about Skidsteer, he said his wife was pretending not to be interested. Hard to believe isn't it.

Skidsteer
12-30-2005, 19:20
BTW Skidsteer, you gonna be up there?

Regrettably, no. I've got family in for the holidays and was really pushing my luck ducking out on Thursday to welcome Squeaky! Maybe next year. Dress warm my friends, and drink one for me. Happy New Year!

Almost There
12-30-2005, 20:15
Well,

Sad news folks...our dog sitter has bailed on us, and so we will not be able to get up there tomorrow night. We we're really looking forward to it too! Have a great time and have one for us!

Almost There
12-30-2005, 20:16
If anyone is planning on heading up that way next weekend we should be up there...then.

Newb
12-31-2005, 11:16
I got a note from J.D., he left from Virginia for Springer on Friday. I envy everyone who is going. I just started a government job and have no leave saved up yet.
**sniff**

Stoopid job thing.

ferryman
12-31-2005, 13:21
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE making the trek up Springer Mtn or any favorite spot along the AT. I will raise my frozen glass and hand to salute what will be another great hiking year for all and especially the Class of 2006! Peace for planet earth, Steve Longley