PDA

View Full Version : Best stuff sack for one week of food?

Jeanette
05-09-2016, 08:56
I need to buy 2 food-stuff-sacks for two family members who are coming with me on a one-week trip in June. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for a particular type of food bag that you really love. I currently use a Granite Gear compression sack for carrying my own food ... it works fine but I'm open to buying something new & different if you have suggestions. Thanks! :)

left52side
05-09-2016, 13:16
I would suggest either the zpacks bear bag or the antigravitygear bear bag kit.
Honestly any say 12/20 liter dry sack will work for A food bag depending although on what type food you plan to bring with you.
If standard hiker type food ie instant potatoes and rice sides with tuna fish etc there shouldnt be any problem putting A weeks worth in A say 15 liter bag.
I just really like the customer service at antigravitygear and zpacks products seem to speak for themselves.
But any dry bag will work just fine IMO.

egilbe
05-09-2016, 14:01
I use an Outdoor Reasearch 15 or 20 liter dry bag, I forget which, and it's perfect for a weeks worth of food.

MtDoraDave
05-17-2016, 07:10
I also use a 20 liter bag for a week's worth of food. There is room for my cooking kit as well, for hanging it at night.